Leica M soft bag

ShivaYash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello

I have a problem. I camera kit lives in a Billingham Alice bag. It's old but perfect. I recently added an AVEA 3 pouch. Very handy. However when I'm out and about with one lens plus camera, I'd like a sort of day bag. I have a half case but may be ok but a small bag will be better I think. So does anyone use this Leica soft bag? Or could another be recommended? Thanks.

For a one body with one lens outing, I often use the Billingham Digital. It has room for the camera with the lens attached and some paraphernalia. Actually, it's roomy enough to accommodate a second body or lens if I absolutely have to.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Have a look at the ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 10.  Cheap, light, small, good quality but unassuming looks.  Swallows one M body with up to 75/2 mounted, a couple of spare batteries plus an iPhone, not much bigger than Leica´s Neoprene bag but far better protection.

For one extra lens, I second Philipp´s recommendation for the Billingham Digital Hadley, only it´s much bigger than the TTMM10.

Edited by elgenper

Taste is critical when it comes to bags--and we all vary in that regard. If, instead, you prefer more of the basic and understated Domke look and design, you may want to consider either the F-5xb or F-8. I have both. I first got the F-5xb, but actually prefer the F-8. They're about the same size, but I prefer the latching for closure on the F-8 (as compared to the zipper and velcro of the F-5xb), as well as the fact that its small pockets each have individual velcro. Either bag can comfortably carry an M body with lens attached, plus 1-2 other lenses.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lowepro - Walmart (on sale $20)

Pockets each side for charger & able - front zip pocket for spare battery & Cards..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by manoleica

Do you find the absence of padding a problem?  It does look nice, but very vulnerable for bumping into doors & c.

I often use a modular padding insert that I picked up for a few bucks at B&H. I do use it without padding though if I'm just walking around with a camera and lens and haven't had an issue. Obviously if the bag is going to smack up against something more padding is better, and I'll add the padding if I'm going to in a rougher environment or for taking it on a plane.  But for a lot of my use I don't find padding to be necessary

• Like 1

For a one body with one lens outing, I often use the Billingham Digital. It has room for the camera with the lens attached and some paraphernalia. Actually, it's roomy enough to accommodate a second body or lens if I absolutely have to.

attachicon.gifL1000104.JPG

attachicon.gifL1000105.JPG

I second the Hadley Digital by Billingham recommendation.  Its plenty for an M, an extra lens and a few batteries and cards.