"Delete button" change focus mode ??

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The operating instructions EN page 156.  

DELETE for deleting image files/selecting the focus metering method (only in review or picture mode) 

Push the deltet button can change focus mode ??

anyone success?

Edited by sukuda

Maybe somebody realized that this was a risky combination of functions and disabled it in firmware. And justly so.

I'm afraid I don't agree with this analysis at all. On the the Sony A7's the delete button can be reconfigured for use in shooting mode as it is only active as a delete button in the review mode. I see now danger in this as when in shooting mode the delete function has no function if you press it so if it was assigned to changing AF ( as it should be) there is actually no possibility  of deleting an image by mistake. 

As much as I think the Q is one of the best digital cameras I have ever used it would certainly benefit from having more assignable buttons for quick access to certain settings. 

• Like 1

I'm afraid I don't agree with this analysis at all. On the the Sony A7's the delete button can be reconfigured for use in shooting mode as it is only active as a delete button in the review mode. I see now danger in this as when in shooting mode the delete function has no function if you press it so if it was assigned to changing AF ( as it should be) there is actually no possibility  of deleting an image by mistake. 

As much as I think the Q is one of the best digital cameras I have ever used it would certainly benefit from having more assignable buttons for quick access to certain settings. 

Maybe you are right.But the firmware should be set.

When you taking picture,the delete function can change focus AF. When you  review picture, you can delete it. 

Should not conflict

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When you use your finger t focus on the screen (Touch Focus), the focus will light green. If you then touch delete, it goes white.

The focus doesn't change, you just seem to in-activate the focus spot.

But you might as well just point at something else. 

Seems a little strange information.

On my X1/2 it works exactly as described in the Q-documentation: Delete (with confirmation) in "play-mode", Focus-change in picture mode. Seems like a bug to me that this does not work on the Q, especially as "focus-change" is not available when reprogramming the fn-key.

-TK