planning to purchase an M6: checklist?

sia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for your advices guys.

Unfortunately there are no official Leica dealers here. The only good photo store here have sometimes Leicas but they even dont display them on the vitrine. It seems like they want to sell then to "known" customers.

Apart of that, there are some japanese ebay sellers that have unconditional return policy, what do you think about that?

That's how I bought mine, and the camera was just as described in detail with really nice pictures.

here is the dealer I dealt with and I'd recommend them. They communicated throughout the deal, shipped and packed very neatly and solidly, and I'm very happy.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/iconcamera?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

• Like 1

My advice to newbies is always to buy your first Leica from a dealer. You know you're buying a fully working camera, and have come back if not. You also have a source of hands on help and advice.

I fully agree with James (and others) in this respect. There are plenty of European dealers. If you need to make use of their warranty all you've wasted is shipping (unless they - which they may well do - cover that for you). Check Red Dot (London) and Leicashop (Vienna) or closer to Norway Photographica (Copenhagen). All offer very good service.

I found and have seen, hold and checked this one:

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/annonse?finnkode=63613103&searchclickthrough=true&searchQuery=leica+m6

and bought it :)

Yay!! 

Payed 11000 NKR, about $1300 for the camera.

It is really super good condition, no scratches, and was used by a pro that didn't shoot a lot of pictures with it.

Now I have to find a glass. Or maybe wait a month or two... Haha!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Why not? Depends on what lenses you normally use. I have a M6 TTL with 0.58 and find it suits me fine. However I can see a problem if you normally use longer lenses (I use 28mm for a large proportion of my work).

Yes , it's good for 28 and 35mm I agree

a little less comfortable for the 50mm

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Looks great sia. And a TTL too, which I am personally partial to. I really like that big shutterspeed dial and the fact that it turns in the direction indicated by the meter arrows. Speaking of the meter, the extra red dot in the middle indicating accurate exposure makes for a very intuitive camera.

Which focal length will you go for?

I found and have seen, hold and checked this one:

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/annonse?finnkode=63613103&searchclickthrough=true&searchQuery=leica+m6

and bought it :)

Yay!! 

Payed 11000 NKR, about $1300 for the camera.

It is really super good condition, no scratches, and was used by a pro that didn't shoot a lot of pictures with it.

Now I have to find a glass. Or maybe wait a month or two... Haha!

• Like 1