S007 shipping, lower price, higher ISO, 15 stops DR!

erlingmm

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

In negotiation with Leica Malaysia for a trade in price..........................I think I am going to need more than my fingers crossed, but then again stranger things have happened :) :)

Based on the Luminous Landscape review. the image doesn't look like 15stop DR. It look even worse compare to 645Z with only has 14stop.

The S body Reichmann used has beta firmware so we should see the sensor performance improve in the future and if its has slightly less DR than the Exmor sensor in the Pentax then it still has more than the S 006 and live view with a strong ISO 3200,I'll be picking one up as soon as I can!!

Edited by RVB
  • Like 1

The S body Reichmann used has beta firmware so we should see the sensor performance improve in the future and if its has slightly less DR than the Exmor sensor in the Pentax then it still has more than the S 006 and live view with a strong ISO 3200,I'll be picking one up as soon as I can!!

True, let's just wait and see. So far, the difference in DR is pretty big. I am not sure how much increase an firmware update would make to the improvement, if the original hardware is already lagging behind. I might just have to stick to my 006 for a little while longer.

At Mr. Kaufmann's Leica Store Los Angeles yesterday (Sunday), the rep said they have received S typ 007 to deliver to customers. He was not permitted to show the body yet, and management did not say which day this week was the release date. Point is that commercial stock must be available this week in US.