Stolen Leica M9 and lens 03836973, 3947004

YCLIN

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Stolen Leica M9 and lens

My car was parked in front of a restaurant at East Sacramento,California, the window got smashed and the following Leica Equipment with serial was stolen along with 2 other lens that I did not keep a record of it's serial. Please be on the lookout on the secondary market, thanks

Leica M9 serial 03836973

Leica Elmarit 21mm ASPH serial 3947004

Leave nothing visible in a car.  And move things to trunk before you get to parking location.  Do not lock car with remote. There are receivers that scan for the frequency.

I keep my gear with me.

Sorry about your loss.

Learned it the hard way on my first trip to Southern California in 1990. Left a bag full of rolls ready to be developed underneath the drivers seat. Next morning, window smashed, all gone (worth of like 4 weeks of summer vacation memories for a 20 year old; broke my heart).

Sad for your loss, but leaving cameras etc. in a car is asking for trouble.

I always take pictures of my equipment and receipts. Copies kept on my computer and Dropbox.

Will your insurance cover as they were left in the car and not locked in the trunk? Overall a damn shame..L