How do you cary your S?

jip

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The S is quite heavy, compared to the M system of course or even the R8/9 with some nice lenses.

With the R8/DMR I usually carried the camera without a neck strap but just with the 'hand strap'(?) and just let it hang as an extension to my right arm. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I used sniper straps for a long time but ended up moving away from them because the single attachment point via baseplate caused too much movement of the camera when walking around. I ended up keeping one hand on the camera at all times when walking around just to brace it against my body and stop it from bouncing as I walked. Beyond being annoying, those copper Levi studs that are on all jeans now in some form or another have caused a few scuff and screen protector scratches when I allowed the camera to swing free. If you hike up the camera it just makes it harder to swing in front of your face when needed. Anyway, I usually go with hand grips/straps or normal strap in transit. Have a nice leather inlaid strap that I got at a leatherworks in NYC.

I have both a hand strap and a Tamrac removable shoulder strap that attach to a Markins plate.  The Hasselblad handstrap has an allen wrench inside for the times the plate needs tightening or removing.  When carried by the shoulder strap the camera is in a vertical position.  The Hasselblad wrist strap is very well made and this configuration has never failed with many miles of hiking.  

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Can someone give me a link to where to buy the Leica S hand strap...............I wouldn't mind taking a look at them

Thanks

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can someone give me a link to where to buy the Leica S hand strap...............I wouldn't mind taking a look at them

Thanks

Neil

I just found it but it only works with the multi hand grip also attached to the camera and I don't want one of those :( :( :(

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Thanks guys....................got to love them Koreans, got one already...............

I have a handgrip that is attached to a baseplate. 

I no longer use a shoulder strap.

If I am using the camera, the handgrip is all I want.

If I am not using the camera but have it with me, I use a light non padded small backpack to hold the camera and therefore have two shoulder straps to support the weight of the system.

I find a single shoulder strap to be too tiring after awhile, yet when held in one hand, I can last a long time.

• Like 2

Spider Camera Holster SpiderPro Hand Strap

Thank you for the link.

Very interesting belt and holster. It shall work with my RRS Arca style bracket.

I wonder if it's reliable enough for an S with a heavier lens. I use a sling, I have to support the camera walking and sometimes I want to get the camera attached to the belt.

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Thank you for the link.

Very interesting belt and holster. It shall work with my RRS Arca style bracket.

I wonder if it's reliable enough for an S with a heavier lens. I use a sling, I have to support the camera walking and sometimes I want to get the camera attached to the belt.

I haven't used this Spider belt with my S yet............plan to use it next week. I used to use my D4s and 70/200mm f2.8 with this set up and it worked great. I also liked the RRS strap but eventually got pi$$ed off with it as it would swing around a lot especially if I was shooting with my D800 crouched down with the D4s swinging around on the RRS strap..............so I think the best way to go is the Leica S with the hand strap and the spider, but my only concern will be removal of battery with the hand grip attached below the RRS L bracket

Sorry if that's a mouth full...............will let you know next week when I arrive in the UK

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I haven't used this Spider belt with my S yet............plan to use it next week. I used to use my D4s and 70/200mm f2.8 with this set up and it worked great. I also liked the RRS strap but eventually got pi$$ed off with it as it would swing around a lot especially if I was shooting with my D800 crouched down with the D4s swinging around on the RRS strap..............so I think the best way to go is the Leica S with the hand strap and the spider, but my only concern will be removal of battery with the hand grip attached below the RRS L bracket

Sorry if that's a mouth full...............will let you know next week when I arrive in the UK

okay some feedback on the above. The spider hand strap is an easy instal and looks great on the camera but in reality for me anyway it makes it impossible for me to operate the function buttons on the right hand side of the camera also each time I took my hand off the camera the card slot door would open so I am back to just using the stock camera strap. I might use the RRS strap every now and then but for now I will stick with the stock strap
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...