Tokyo with Leica S

xiaubauu2009

Did you walk on the streets of Tokyo or was it just an aerial visit?

I packed a bit too heavy this time for Tokyo. I think S should be a single system traveling kit. The Alpa and some of the Contax lens kill my back.

So, I didn't do much Street photo.

Except later at Enoshima where I only cary 2 lens with me and the S

Contax645 80mm f/2

20032131844_9b15601d34_h.jpg

• Like 2

I packed a bit too heavy this time for Tokyo. I think S should be a single system traveling kit. The Alpa and some of the Contax lens kill my back.

So, I didn't do much Street photo.

Except later at Enoshima where I only cary 2 lens with me and the S

Contax645 80mm f/2

20032131844_9b15601d34_h.jpg

clearly the best of the lot.  shows nice DR, colors and composition.  really nice.  It would be superb if the initial foreground was also in focus.   Did you use a Leica lens with this Contax or was the gear completely non-Leica?

The others don't really impress me at all from any of these perspectives given the gear.

Edited by A miller
  • Like 1

nice series. I think one should see these shots on a big screen, because all fine details cannot e appreciated when smashed into forum size. Thanks for posting and sharing your results of this superb system. It needs time to get to work with its features for epic stories. I hope for more from your archives.

clearly the best of the lot.  shows nice DR, colors and composition.  really nice.  It would be superb if the initial foreground was also in focus.   Did you use a Leica lens with this Contax or was the gear completely non-Leica?

The others don't really impress me at all from any of these perspectives given the gear.

Thanks for the comment. I do find the S with doing Cityscape is a bit wasted. It is build to be compact and portable MF. Cityscape should just use techinical camera. I brought both Contax lens and Leica Lens. Contax I have 35, 80 and 120. Leica S only 24 and 100mm It's too heavy, with another Techical camera in the mix and Digital back. But then again, I always over pack!

• Like 1