California West Coast studies - 3 pictures

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We stayed one day and a night at the Montara Lighthouse. We were fascinated by the enticing atmosphere and spent much time on the private beach. We had always to decide either to pack our stuff safely in the backpack or risking a bottom glide (one hand to hold the tripod with the mounted camera and the other hand for providing a soft touchdown...guess, what we did   :p  <_<  - nothing happened, no broken limbs or lenses.

most of the time I used my Zeiss wideangle lens 18 mm which unfortunately cannot e shown here, but I can post a few studies with the Elmarit R 28 mm + filters

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

no 2

• Like 3

no 3

Edited by Iduna
  • Like 2

Iduna,

this is a spectacular picture in either version.  I would have difficulty choosing which I preferred.  The creamy surf, the low fog and the subtle colors or the perfect tones and contrast makes this stand out. 

Paul

Your third version just popped up.  That makes it even more difficult.

Edited by pauledell

MarkP

thanks for liking the pictures. I work with Canon 5D MKII. It works absolutely fine with R lenses. In future I'll have my "Q" and can shoot then with one of my favourite fl.

Paul,

this is nice when a response is so full of emotion. Thanks and I am very happy that these pictures seem to have a message from the soul.

krycek,

many thanks, the icon says everything.

Dee,

I have to agree, I cannot make up my mind also. Moe and more B&W is taking over, because it is abstraction and yet very roch in toning. I workes with an ND filter 86 f-stops) . In processing I find it easy to create the look I want to have. Usually I define the WB, since the RAW files are brownish and dull, and then start finetuning.

Brent,

thank you so much for stopping by and linger for a moment. This shore was so impressive for me. I am very happy if this series here gets in touch with the viewer.

Stuart,

thank you. That was an inspiration and a kind of freedom for the soul. 

• Like 1