New Camera Raw for Leica Q as of July 29 - Updated article at overgaard.dk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just updated my Leica Q article with samples of the colors before and after the implementation of the new Camera Raw 9.1.1. that now supports Leica Q.

The Lightroom profile has just been updated today, so that changes things quite a bit. Also the issue with wrong Kelvin values has been fixed. 

http://www.overgaard.dk/Leica-Q-Hemingway-digital-rangefinder-.html

before-after-leica-q-700w.jpg

wrong-kelvin-values.jpg

• Like 5

Lightroom should tell you that an update is available. Once you install the update, you will be on the latest ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) version that includes an Adobe profile for Leica Q.

If you go into the Calibration pane on the right side, the popup will have two options "embedded" and "Adobe standard" instead of just one option "embedded". This is how you'll know that the Q is now supported and "in Lightroom"

Lightroom should tell you that an update is available. Once you install the update, you will be on the latest ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) version that includes an Adobe profile for Leica Q.

If you go into the Calibration pane on the right side, the popup will have two options "embedded" and "Adobe standard" instead of just one option "embedded". This is how you'll know that the Q is now supported and "in Lightroom"

And what will I have to choose for the Leica Q?

No update yet...:-(

Just goes to show that the software in the computer remains a critical component in the chain. Who knows how good lens/sensor/camera software really is when the result can be so skewed by what's translating it in your computer? 

It was a little confusing in LR6.1 what the new profile does, if anything. 

I just realized that downloading the 6.1.1 version of Lightroom CC/6 will result in the choice between Adobe Standard and Embedded. 

To find Lightroom 6.1.1 from the Adobe site:

Mac

Win

(there is a little innocent looking hidden link in the bottom of this article: 

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/07/lightroom-6-1-1-is-now-available.html )

The Adobe Standard is the one to use. 

L1020347_LR6-Process-2010-640w-2-side-by

Edited by Overgaard
  • Like 2

Can we expect a firmware update to fix this in the camera for the JPegs?

(I realized the difference compared to my X but as no body complained here in the forum I assigned it to my uncalibrated low-end monitor)

- TK

Can we expect a firmware update to fix this in the camera for the JPegs?

(I realized the difference compared to my X but as no body complained here in the forum I assigned it to my uncalibrated low-end monitor)

- TK

No, the camera raw is the camera profile in Lightroom that "translates" the sensors recordings into colors images. So it doesn't change anything in camera. The camera itself basically has a similar translator that makes a JPG base on the raw sensor recording in the camera. You can change the JPG colors in the camera by choosing for example Medium Low 

No, the camera raw is the camera profile in Lightroom that "translates" the sensors recordings into colors images. So it doesn't change anything in camera. The camera itself basically has a similar translator that makes a JPG base on the raw sensor recording in the camera. You can change the JPG colors in the camera by choosing for example Medium Low 

So I need to hope for a firmware update that comes with a new camera internal profile to improve out of the camera jpegs? At least that would be a possible solution? Sorry if I did not really get it... 

-TK

• Like 1