Half case for my X Vario

Guytou

OK, thank you very much prk60091 !

Actually, I think that I am going to choose Leicatime and I am already in exchange e-mails with Luigi and Ginevra.

I hesitate with or without removable back flap. It seems to me that I prefer without this flap, but with an opening for the trapdoor battery/SD card and also a nut of foot.

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

My order has been sent to Luigi.

I will have the half case and the shoulder strap's around August 20th.

Luigi does not have case in advance for my X Vario, because that I wish it without the back shutter and with a tripod screw built in.

Now I am impatient...

Guy

Edited by Guytou

• 5 weeks later...

Believe it or not and contrary to the norm, the Leica Protector case offered for the X Vario is outstanding.  I've had mine for two years and it is an absolute joy.  It looks great (black with white contrast stitching), is very comfortable with a slight finger groove on the front, but most importantly it fits securely while being very easy to remove for changing batteries and cards.

I also have the burgundy leather Leica Protector case for the X (Typ 113) that lacks the finger groove.  It is also outstanding, but the X Vario case is more comfortable for long shooting sessions (but the X113 case is prettier).

Believe it or not and contrary to the norm, the Leica Protector case offered for the X Vario is outstanding.  I've had mine for two years and it is an absolute joy.  It looks great (black with white contrast stitching), is very comfortable with a slight finger groove on the front, but most importantly it fits securely while being very easy to remove for changing batteries and cards.

I also have the burgundy leather Leica Protector case for the X (Typ 113) that lacks the finger groove.  It is also outstanding, but the X Vario case is more comfortable for long shooting sessions (but the X113 case is prettier).

I have a Luigi strap for my D2 and the Luigi case for the D2 Elpro. Outstanding handcraft quality, but rather expensive. For my X Vario I also have the Leica Protector with the finger groove and it is perfect in use. For my X 113 I hesitated between the protector designed for it or the one for the X Vario. In the end I choose also the X Vario protector because of the finger groove despite the X 113 protector looks better, but I don't understand why Leica left out the finger groove. It makes holding the camera mutch better and I did not want the extra bulk and weight of the handgrip. The X Vario protector is reasonable priced for a Leica accessory.

Best

I received at Leicatime my half-case for my X Vario with grip for the hand and integrated tripod screw. I also received the leather shoulder strap.

I must say that the accessories Luigi are expensive but it is about an exceptional manufacturing !

I am really very happy.  :)

Guy

Edited by Guytou