Apo-Extender R 2x vs dedicated Elpro 1.1:1 for Apo100/2.8 R

dkCambridgeshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone experience of using the Apo-Extender R 2x  AND the dedicated Elpro 1.1:1 with the Apo-Macro 100/2.8 R lens? (Individually, not in tandem!)  If so, would you buy the Elpro 1.1:1 if you already had the Apo 2x Extender R ? 

Thanks for reading

dunk

Dunk, I've never used the100/2.8R with the 2X Apo Extender, simply because I've got the dedicated Elpro, so All I can say is that the results with the Elpro are very good indeed. I've posted this picture before to illustrate this, so apologies if you've already seen it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

dunk

You can borrow my extender for a couple of weeks.

Send me a PM, if you are interested.

Jan

Hello Jan, Hope you are well and enjoying your dogs . Thank you for the offer but I already have the 2x APO extender and tomorrow should receive the dedicated 1.1:1 Elpro for the 100/2.8 APO.   Several projects are ongoing and need a means of using the 100/2.8 at life size … but was not so sure whether to use the 2x extender or if should source the dedicated Elpro . After seeing masjah's needle photo  and then seeing an Elpro listed by Ffordes for £reasonable cost I decided to buy the Elpro.  

Projects also include the Leitz 800mm but have been waiting for return of the Olympus 500mm following its service before resuming experiments. And I now have a Novoflex R to M adaptor so will be using the 800mm on the Leica T.

The latest Leica Society Magazine includes some photos of you with the 800mm in York last April. 

Regards

dunk

• Like 1