How to determine shutter count on S2 and S-E

dritz

My S2 was meant to have had 1500 actuations when I bought it. I have no idea. It looked and acted new. I know that it has had about 7000 actuations since because Lightroom tells me so ;-)
I think that the design mean failure point for the Shutter mechanism is 100,000???? If I get there and the camera  goes super nova  I'll report in ;-) 

My S2 was meant to have had 1500 actuations when I bought it. I have no idea. It looked and acted new. I know that it has had about 7000 actuations since because Lightroom tells me so ;-)

I think that the design mean failure point for the Shutter mechanism is 100,000???? If I get there and the camera  goes super nova  I'll report in ;-) 

Dang. So, I'm about to sell my S2-P and have only LR to rely on?  Kind of an interesting oversight by Leica.

Oversight implies ignorance….I'm sure they were well aware…user can't determine count on M240 either (but LV is involved).

Jeff

Same true for the S-E? No shutter count?  We lived with this forever with film bodies but it makes little sense to deny that insight now unless your goal is to introduce uncertainty in the used market.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Shutter actuation count is not an exclusive indicator of the wear state of the camera surely? Personally I would not purchase a camera body if it had any functional issues or evidence of heavy wear or damage externally or of course if there was any visible sensor fault.

I just can't imagine that there would be many bodies in circulation that have been heavily used? More than 50,000 actuations for example, just to pick on a statistical half life for the shutter?

Everyone makes their own assessment of course when considering value/risk of problems.
Maybe ideally factor in a possible servicing if needed?

Edited by hoppyman