New Leica T owner checking in

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi There

Well, I've been lucky enough to hang on to a loaner camera from Leica (for nearly 2 years now) , but I finally thought I should put my money where my mouth is, and I've bought a lovely new black Leica T. . I've spent the last couple of days having a load of fun with the 90mm macro M and the adapter. This is an uncropped image in the late evening light.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Nice macro photo!  I put my Apo Macro 100mm R lens on the T, over the M to T converter with a R to M Converter.....lots of converters......with great results.  Hard part is camera shake at that focal length but I just keep shooting until get a steady shot!  This is where that huge EVF is a plus plus.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi There

Well, I've been lucky enough to hang on to a loaner camera from Leica (for nearly 2 years now) , but I finally thought I should put my money where my mouth is, and I've bought a lovely new black Leica T. . I've spent the last couple of days having a load of fun with the 90mm macro M and the adapter. This is an uncropped image in the late evening light.

attachicon.gifL1000343.jpg

I love that "New Leica T owner checking in" is coming from Jono Slack.

I very much respect your work, Jono, and am so pleased to hear of your support of the platform. I've also had a tremendous time with it as well.

This week I'll be traveling into Olympic National Park to take some landscape photos with it, and I'll be sure to share the results!

• Like 1

I love that "New Leica T owner checking in" is coming from Jono Slack.

I very much respect your work, Jono, and am so pleased to hear of your support of the platform. I've also had a tremendous time with it as well.

This week I'll be traveling into Olympic National Park to take some landscape photos with it, and I'll be sure to share the results!

Thank you Josh

It was rather meant to be tongue in cheek, and I have had a loaner all the time - but you'd better believe that I don't buy everything I test!

But in the case of the T, it's a perfect companion to my M cameras (and that's what I own - M & T).

all the best

• Like 1

Yes, admittedly refreshing to see a "reviewer" putting his money where his mouth is. 

I had a short fling with the T but sold it. However the opportunity arose to retrieve it and I did just that today. So I too am a new owner checking in. 

I'm stuck for a short while however, as the return deal is missing the M to T adapter, and I don't have any T lenses. I'm on the hunt for an adapter, but until I do I'm stuck.

Gary

• Like 1

Hi Jono,

your field test with the T inspired me to buy the new T in September 2014 and I love it. The T has a great color rendering, white balance and handling concept.

It is still a little slow, but it is okay for me.

I even sold my M240, I have so much fun with the T and I dare to handle it like a tool not like a jewel as I always did with the M.

BRGDS

Christof

• Like 1

Likewise sold my two M240s but kept my M9, X-Vario and a T and just love having this combination and choice. However I think the T was and is overpriced for what it is much as I love it BUT as jono says its great with M lenses which rather redresses the balance and helps make it so useful when used in conjunction with any M in addition of course, the T's own lenses are likewise great. Don :rolleyes: 

I'm stuck for a short while however, as the return deal is missing the M to T adapter, and I don't have any T lenses. I'm on the hunt for an adapter, but until I do I'm stuck.

Gary

Same here!... But I need an adapter for Nikkor lenses and have no idea how long it would take to get one!  :(

Hi, I have a ? -- when using M lenses does it upset the handling/balance of the T' ?

I assume by all the positive reviews the sensor handles M lenses in it's stride..

I usually keep an M 28mm, 35mm or 50mm summicron on mine with no balance problems.  Is nicer than shooting on the M240 which is too heavy.  If I put anything heavier, then holding the lens with one hand is probably recommended.

• Like 1

Hi Jono,

your field test with the T inspired me to buy the new T in September 2014 and I love it. The T has a great color rendering, white balance and handling concept.

It is still a little slow, but it is okay for me.

I even sold my M240, I have so much fun with the T and I dare to handle it like a tool not like a jewel as I always did with the M.

BRGDS

Christof

As you say Christof - there is an english expression (Brick Sh!t House) . .. and the T is built like that! I had a prototype for 18 months, and it doesn't have a mark on it (despite pretty hands on use with no half case) 

• Like 1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi,

Here is another new T owner, just bought a second hand one with finder and M adapter.

I have a M8 (two actually) but wanted to try something new / different / modern. M was out of question because of size and price, M-E is quite difficult to find as second hand and there is also no big difference between it and M8.

So I ended up for T and my first impressions are very positive. I like the minimalistic appearance and controls, build quality, large internal memory, touch screen and menu system with configurable display. Shutter is quiet, EVF is usable also with reading glasses and GPS data in pictures is nice to have.

The crop factor is bigger than in M8 and manual focusing is not so easy and fast. With many of my M lenses T feels very nose heavy and is not pleasant to hold. As there are issues with Leica Snap cover and as I like to use quick release plate I made the slick grip more secure to hold by adding piece of tape like coarse emery paper. It is normally used on slippery steps and platforms but works fine on camera too.

For quick release plate I ordered Really Right Stuff BPnS-S hoping that it will fit after some light milling.

Just couple of shots taken I can’t say anything about picture quality, maybe after week or two..