Are second hand Leica lens prices going down?

Paulus

• 11 months later...

Suspect they might plateau if the new M is out in September driving demand and the £ stays weak. I wonder when the next Leica UK price rise will be.....

I think they're more or less stable, but currency variations give a perceived change in a global market.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mint WATE was sold on Ebay for $3250 the other day. Yes, prices of "regular" lenses and especially those still manufactured are getting more and more affordable on the 2nd marked.  

I bought all my lenses new and not really interested in anything else at the moment except some wide angle (that's how I noticed the sold WATE), but still not sure I need it.  ;)

Two days ago I took delivery of an absolutely mint 1988 Noctilux f1,  for a tad over AU$7k.  Given that the 0.95 version sells locally for $13k, I'd say that was a bargain...  Very impressed with Fotopia ;>)

With the end of Leica's prolonged discounting of new items in North America, the 2nd hand prices have consequently jumped again. I noticed at a dealer in the US who often has QM2 items, the 50 APO jumped by about US$600 in the course of two months whilst the 21SEM rose by ~$300. Lower demand lenses appear to have remained steady.