Corrosion assessment pls

sblutter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What do you think?  Its from a barely used M-E about 2 yrs old.  I looked at the area affected (opposite corner) with a bright light and strong magnifying glass, nothing on the surface.  Dust is easy to spot, that's not it.

http://sblutter.com/M-E.corrosion.detail.SB.jpg

PS:  My much used M9P's sensor is spotless.  Maybe the M-E is dissatisfied with its back-up status!

• Like 1

Give them a call and ask for Carmen.

Is Carmen back again.  She was fantastic and the one person I always talked to for any Leica service I had done.  But a year or so ago, when I called about a camera, they said she was no longer there.  Does anyone know, has she come back.  I truly hope so.

Is Carmen back again.  She was fantastic and the one person I always talked to for any Leica service I had done.  But a year or so ago, when I called about a camera, they said she was no longer there.  Does anyone know, has she come back.  I truly hope so.

I didn't know that. Shame I'd she's gone. 

I called and got a woman as equally helpful as Carmen had been in the past: 

"Send the camera in, we'll replace the sensor with the stock we have have now.  We have no idea when the new sensors will come through.  However, the replacement sensor has a 3 year warranty and if it fails, we'll replace that one too.  We'll definitely have the new ones in by then."

At which, I promptly headed to the UPS outlet with a package destined for Allendale, NJ.

Will report back

>This is exactly why I got the M-E as back up for the M9P.  I figured at least one of them would be in the shop occasionally.  This model does everything I want in a camera (partially due to software improvements in C1 & PS).

And with Viso III, live view! ;)

• 1 month later...

I have an M9P, purchased in 2012.  I have not noticed a problem but I have also never done an actual test.   Can someone advise me on what the actual test is to determine if I have a corrosion problem?   Do I shoot a white wall, wide open?  or a clear sky?   What is the actual recommended test that I should preform to see if I have the problem.   Thanks so much for any help... 

I have an M9P, purchased in 2012.  I have not noticed a problem but I have also never done an actual test.   Can someone advise me on what the actual test is to determine if I have a corrosion problem?   Do I shoot a white wall, wide open?  or a clear sky?   What is the actual recommended test that I should preform to see if I have the problem.   Thanks so much for any help...

Shoot an even blue sky at f16 and view at 100%.

• Like 1