Billingham: Customer service

BjarniM

This a rather sad story of indifferent global service. There are many alternative bags according to many threads on this forum. Why not give serious thought to sourcing a good well-recommended alternative brand?

Yes, that's an option i'm thinking about.

• Like 1

Pretty much every company has links to social media on their websites these days, twitter, Facebook, instagram, linkedin etc., no doubt put there at the insistence of their web designer. 

Unfortunately not many make any use of them or understand how they should be used, and it seems Billingham bags are one. 

It's very poor and doesn't reflect well on them that they don't have some system in place for handling social media or even email traffic.

I'd take my business elsewhere, but if you really must buy their bag, can't you borrow someone else's phone to make the call or use a pay phone somewhere? Seems even more daft in this day and age that a phone call is a difficulty. 

If you really want to contact Billingham, putting some credit into a Skpe account seems like very little hassle compared to the frustration you are clearly sharing right now.

I could do that, of course, but i'm simply not interested in putting more effort in this matter where i was expecting just a little bit of customer service from a company, that is dependent on us - the customers.

I think i already have done more than enough to really wanting to contact Billingham Bags concerning this with my effort.

By the way, i'm not frustrated, not at all. I'm not a person that gets frustrated nor do i have a grudge against anybody  :)  I just think this is way of all limits, or what it's called in proper english.

Alternatively, as WDA says, just buy a different bag. There are hundreds of good ones out there.

It's Billingham's loss.

Yes, i will have to take a look at other brands, which is a pity though, since my mind was set on a Billingham bag, which is (or was) just what i need.

Edited by BjarniM

I see that Billingham have contacted you via Twitter and asked you to follow them so that they can send you a direct message.

That was 7 hours ago.

Have you done so?

Edit: it seems that you have. Did they DM you as they said they would?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pretty much every company has links to social media on their websites these days, twitter, Facebook, instagram, linkedin etc., no doubt put there at the insistence of their web designer. 

Unfortunately not many make any use of them or understand how they should be used, and it seems Billingham bags are one. 

It's very poor and doesn't reflect well on them that they don't have some system in place for handling social media or even email traffic.

I agree on this one. I have a university degree in digital communication, and it just exceeds all my common sense why a company just seems to ignore this part.

I'd take my business elsewhere, but if you really must buy their bag, can't you borrow someone else's phone to make the call or use a pay phone somewhere? Seems even more daft in this day and age that a phone call is a difficulty.

I could of course just drive by my office and make a call. I will do that. Or...No, i will not.

On further consideration, i will not put more effort in this. I'm gonna spend money somewhere else.

I see that Billingham have contacted you via Twitter and asked you to follow them so that they can send you a direct message.

That was 7 hours ago.

Have you done so?

Yes, they did answer (hold your horses now) a whole day after i tweeted and included their name in the tweet.

I did send them a direct message today, where i did explain that i have been trying to contact them for five days, and i left my number and asked them to call me ASAP, but - no surprise for me - no one did neither call or did bother to answer the message.

Edited by BjarniM

I would give them a chance.

Not every company can respond to a Tweet or DM instantly. They only asked you to DM them 7 hours ago. Which would have been about 15:00 here

Apart from British Airways, I have always found that companies respond to Tweets reasonably quickly as they are public and can been seen by anyone. They don't like the poor publicity.

• Like 1

Just visited the Billingham site, added a Hadley Pro to my basket (15 secs) and visited checkout (another 15 secs). Not lightning quick, but acceptable. I don't want to buy, so went no further.

One wrinkle is that unless you choose a colour/material option, clicking Add to Basket appears to have no effect. Perhaps error trapping could be improved, but hardly a hanging offence.

• Like 1

Just visited the Billingham site, added a Hadley Pro to my basket (15 secs) and visited checkout (another 15 secs). Not lightning quick, but acceptable. I don't want to buy, so went no further.

One wrinkle is that unless you choose a colour/material option, clicking Add to Basket appears to have no effect. Perhaps error trapping could be improved, but hardly a hanging offence.

I did the same exercise late this afternoon. Someone answered the phone after 3 rings and I was able to add a bag to my basket. I have supplied equipment to Billingham in the past and always found them very efficient . I would not use another make of bag.

BrianP

I did the same exercise late this afternoon. Someone answered the phone after 3 rings and I was able to add a bag to my basket. I have supplied equipment to Billingham in the past and always found them very efficient . I would not use another make of bag.

BrianP

It's good they mind answering the phone since they apparently don't mind answering customers contacting them on the web.

they apparently don't mind answering customers contacting them on the web.  " Quote"

Since they don't mind answering,I can not see what the problem is ?

BrianP  :(

It's good they mind answering the phone since they apparently don't mind answering customers contacting them on the web.

I sent them a mail using the mail address on their site last night at 9pm. I received a response from them this morning at 10am.

The response came from custserv @ billingham.co.uk - maybe you want to try mailing them there.

Interestingly their website has a problem this morning and I am getting a page not found error for the home page :)

Edited by andybarton
Please do not give third party emails in the forum

I don't know to which earlier comment in this thread comment #33 and #34 is aimed at, but if it's aimed at one of my other comments, yes english is a foreign language to me (and i don't speak nor write english fluent), but maybe you understand the consensus, though.

Edited by BjarniM

I sent them a mail using the mail address on their site last night at 9pm. I received a response from them this morning at 10am.

The response came from custserv @ billingham.co.uk - maybe you want to try mailing them there.

Interestingly their website has a problem this morning and I am getting a page not found error for the home page :)

Thank you. I have already tried sending them two emails. First from one email account and later from another email account, but still with no response.

Edited by BjarniM
No third party emails in the forum, please

I'm not sure which bag you want but Kamerahuset.dk has lots of Billingham and deliver to the Faeroislands. Photografica in Copenhagen has the Billingham Leica and they also deliver to your place.

Then there's Scandinavian Photo in Sweden which also has lots of Billingham models and deliver to your place, too.

• Like 1

I'm not sure which bag you want but Kamerahuset.dk has lots of Billingham and deliver to the Faeroislands. Photografica in Copenhagen has the Billingham Leica and they also deliver to your place.

Then there's Scandinavian Photo in Sweden which also has lots of Billingham models and deliver to your place, too.

As i did explain in comment #12 i have already been trying those options, you mention. Since i need five different items it's easier said than done finding a store.