Pre-announcement of the Luxembourg Meet&Greet Leica event in Luxembourg (19&20 September 2015)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear Leica friends,

Last year the Trier/Luxembourg Leica Meet&Greet event was a great success and about 20 Leica shooters from all over Europe attended it.

This year we would like to repeat it again.

As we intend to minimize stress, this year’s event will take place only in Luxembourg (next year we will then be in Trier again).

We are planning to meet on Saturday 19th September in Luxembourg city around midday, have a photowalk after lunch (14:00 onwards)

to see some attractions in Luxembourg (e.g. the EU Institutions on Luxembourg-Kirchberg, Luxembourg Philharmonie, Luxembourg downtown).

On Sunday at around 10:30 we will  travel with our personal cars to Esch sur Alzette (Belval: http://www.fonds-belval.lu/index.php?lang=en&page=-2)  

and have lunch there. In the afternoon, we are planning to see the blast furnace, either a  free visit or by a guided tour that will start at 14:00.

If somebody has a better proposal for the Sunday, please let us know, we will listen to your ideas!

The offical invitation with the final detailed programme will be announced in August!

So pleases mark the dates in your agenda and don’t miss this event!

David Deruyver and John Görten

p.s. the group picture was taken last year in Trier by Jip Van Kuijk

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by satijntje

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback already. We will provide you a more detailed program by mid August!

We are not sure if we will travel on Sunday morning to Belval, maybe too much stress?
We are currently looking into an alternative for the Sunday in Luxembourg city itself, but we will let you know!

Looking forward to a successful event.

John

Hello!

I like to participate in this contest, I planning to stay one week in Luxemburg,and hire a car.

So I have to do some planning and se where to stay and other practical things.

Trier is one place I like to se.

To bad that the Swedish krona in subject to a very effective lowering against the euro, but thats is politic...

As a cheapskate it's frustrating to sit down and make the payments, but It will be done.

chers

Ted

Hello!

I like to participate in this contest, I planning to stay one week in Luxemburg,and hire a car.

So I have to do some planning and se where to stay and other practical things.

Trier is one place I like to se.

To bad that the Swedish krona in subject to a very effective lowering against the euro, but thats is politic...

As a cheapskate it's frustrating to sit down and make the payments, but It will be done.

chers

Ted

Great Ted, we are really pleased to welcome you at out Meet&Greet event in Luxembourg.

We will try to provide a final programme for the weekend in one or two weeks time.

Have a save journey

John

Guest JensR

Hi John, 

die Ideen sind vielfältig. Wie ich an anderem Platz schon erwähnte, Saarburg bietet auf kleinem Raum hübsche Motive. Können ja mal ein Probemeeting mit Eis essen hier machen.

with many regards

Jens

• Like 1

Ok Guys I will be in  :D  If you need some advances for accommodation, parking places, restaurants, bars, discos or.. Well just ask. I will be really happy to answer. So waiting forward from seeing you in the Heart of Europe !!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Simon, 

there are several (about 5p) that have not registered for our event here on LUF, so we will definitively be more then 10p!

The event will take place for sure.

The agenda for Saturday remains as it was initially proposed, for the Sunday we will see if we will go to Esch or if there are better proposals.

Looking forward to an interesting event!

John

Yes Simon, initial meeting point is confirmed!

We will meet on Saturday 19th September around 12:00 at the Theaterstuff in Luxembourg City (49 Allèe Scheffer, Luxemburg) which is near the Place de Glacis.

You can see the detailed program in the other thread, where you  can fill in the poll as well: 

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/248917-announcement-of-meet-and-greet-event-in-luxembourg-1920-september/

Looking forward meeting you in the Grand Duchy!

John

• 2 weeks later...