Real Q noise coming... the true nightmare

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys, 

Everything was prefect until tonight... 

My Q shut down after the battery died. I recharged the battery, after few hours when the battery got fully charged I put it back to Q. Turned on the camera... funny, system frozen for like 20sec. I switched off switched on Q few times and nightmare came.... VERY VERY VERY significant noise/buzz (NOT the rattle sounds when system off)... more like a scratching mix with buzzing noise come out from Q, I tried every setting + turned on/off OIS... once the OIS was on, the noise getting very obvious you can hear it from 10 meters away! This noise is super disturbing and I was thinking its current noise from battery or the lens motor defect.

Any1 encounter the same problem? Please help! Or should I bring it to Mayfair to let them check it? its my nightmare coz I am going holiday just in a week....

Updates:

I really dont even have any time to visit them before my holiday will start next week. Any other advice? Should I call Leica to report this issue?

Funny thing is now the HUGE noise gone. 

But left a bit buzzing/ scratching foam and sounds like a small motor keep moving noise inside the camera if you put your ear on the camera, also when u took pic with EVF you can hear it very obviously. (when OIS on, they noise getting very disturbing but not as loud as before)

I really curious if any1 encounter the same issue? Can you hear the noise from you system (close listen to the Q in a quiet place)?

Why would calling make any difference? First call Mayfair.. first and foremost warranty issues go through the logistics chain starting from reseller as first point of contact. If they decline to help, then you could/should start moving up the chain to distributor etc.

Besides if you don't have time to drop by at the reseller, you're screwed unless someone from goodness of their heart would like to go far and beyond normal procedure and desides to help you out.

//Juha

Do you by any chance have continuous autofocus turned on (AFC) as this can be quite noisy as the lens tries to follow focus? Anyway sounds like you will need to make the time to take into your dealer or maybe arrange for it to be sent my post or courier.

• 6 months later...

It's important that you check for continuous autofocus first. If that is not set, then at least phone Mayfair Customer Service at once.  Make time to take it in.  I doubt whether you'll get a replacement before you go, but there's always hope.