Walking in the Light inside the medina of Fez

ns_ng

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Inside the medina there are hundreds of narrow passages and alleys. With the right subject, each alley is an opportunity to capture great images.  But one wrong turn and you could be lost! M240 w/28mm Cron-Asph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What a wonderful photograph. It reminds me of the quality of the old Salon pictures where photographers had an almost alchemical approach to developing the negative with extra water baths and all kinds of secret potions. Your skill notwithstanding, it is a credit to the M240. 

But I'm beginning to waffle. I just wanted to emphasise what a great picture this is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful photograph. It reminds me of the quality of the old Salon pictures where photographers had an almost alchemical approach to developing the negative with extra water baths and all kinds of secret potions. Your skill notwithstanding, it is a credit to the M240. 

But I'm beginning to waffle. I just wanted to emphasise what a great picture this is.

Thanks for the kind comments. I rarely toned my images. But I felt in this case, the sepia tone gives this image a softer mood to the scene. As you can see from the shadows, the shot was captured in the afternoon and  in b&w the contrast was too high for my taste.

Excellent. Beautiful light, beautiful composition and somehow the figures approaching - mother and child - are just what you might hope them to be. I enjoyed this.

Shooting inside the medina (old city) with its narrow lanes and alleys is a challenge. The light changes from alley to alley and at times one has to wait patiently for the right subjects to emerge to capture the image.With rf, I can just pre-focus at a certain location in the alley and when an interesting subject approaches I just snap away. I switched to the 28mm as the wider angle was very useful in these narrow lanes.Thanks for the kind comments.

• Like 1

Wonderful image……..reminiscent of HCB's best work.

JZG

Google Fan Ho. He is a Hong Kong photographer, relatively unknown outside of East Asia. His images of Hong Kong in the 50's and 60's are  classic and captivating. Thanks for the kind comments.

• Like 1

excellent picture in the tradition of historic photographers. It is a fine proof and confirmation that light is everything. The warm bronze toning is adding very much.very much

Thank you, Iduna. In many ways, I have been influenced by the works of the great photographers from the past. Their understanding and used of light is one reason I look at their images to gain inspiration. I mentioned Fan Ho. Google his images of Hong Kong from the 50's and 60's.