Leica T Leather Protector

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

Just to check, how do you guys use the gray leather half case from Leica on the T? Do you need to remove the little rubber ring on the screw? Do you unscrew the screw and put the leather flush against the T and then tighten the screw or tighten the screw and the leather protector moves towards the T? 

Thanks. 

I use this grey leather "protector". Mainly because it is improving the grip enough (before that I tested the Thumbs-Up, but that one is too short).

I see no rubber ring around the screw, there is howver a good friction for the screw so that it never loosens, you don't have to turn it real strong. My big toe nail is easily screwing it in.

LexS

I removed the original screw and replaced it by a srew with a small handle attached. Much more comfortable ...

This screw is always in the leather protector and while I tighten it, the protector moves towards the T.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Here is a picture of the rubber ring on the screw. (pic taken with the T :)  )

I didn't care fit the Leather one so much. Miniot.com makes an amazing snap on cover in wood. You do have to remove the lens to get the card out but I think it's worth it.

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up but I already have the snap case and the T-flap. I am also looking at the Artisan&Artist LMB-T case. Any inputs anyone. 

I didn't care fit the Leather one so much. Miniot.com makes an amazing snap on cover in wood. You do have to remove the lens to get the card out but I think it's worth it.

This is exactly the reason why I returned my Snap-T and exchanged it to the leather protector. I found the Snap-T much too laborius when I wanted access to the SD card and to the battery. But this is - as many things - personal preference.

I have the LMB-T 1/2 case on mine.  Nicely made and has the great advantage that it has built-in fixings for a standard strap with split-rings so you don't have to adapt the ghastly supplied strap. 

Thanks for the input. I am currently looking for one. Failing which, it will modification time for the supplied strap. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am considering getting the Arte Di Mano case for the T.  Have one for the M and made so well.  Snug fit yet easy to take off.  I too have the plastic cases so far and like them except for the difficulty of taking on and off is unacceptable.  But they do make the camera more stealthy if you got the silver.  I am a little concerned a fancy leather cover will do the opposite.  This time will get black.

Hmm

I've been shooting 'naked' since the beginning (there wasn't even a strap for the first few months). Once you've got over the insecure feeling of the slipperyness it's fine . . . . . and the silver body I've been using for 18 months doesn't have a mark on it. The bodywork would appear to be much less susceptible to wear than a Leica M (or pretty much anything else - My OMD E-M1 bought at the same time looks really beaten up. Cheaper too :)

• Like 1

Hmm

I've been shooting 'naked' since the beginning (there wasn't even a strap for the first few months). Once you've got over the insecure feeling of the slipperyness it's fine . . . . . and the silver body I've been using for 18 months doesn't have a mark on it. The bodywork would appear to be much less susceptible to wear than a Leica M (or pretty much anything else - My OMD E-M1 bought at the same time looks really beaten up. Cheaper too :)

Not sure how robust the coating on the black version is but I was using it with the snap on case during the first few days. Have to say that I am impressed with the coating considering I was removing the snap on case daily to get to the sd card

Anyway the LMB-T provides an alternate point to fix my wrist strap as the original wrist strap is too small and the end fittings does sit between my second and third finger, making it a tad uncomfortable. 

• 2 months later...

I was removing the snap on case daily to get to the sd card. 

What a crazy design man. The WiFi for some does work, for others like for myself not. If it did I would have considered the snap because the need to get at the card no longer there.........

Hmm

I have used the black T-version "naked" (the camera that is.... I am not the naked rambler fyi) and I concur with Jono.

No marks or scratches after 16 months of use!

Edited by AndrewAM

That is good news Andrew as I have a black T-version "naked". It goes in a Billingham Hadley Pro. I am awaiting the protective screen and that is now probably all I will add to the body. I like the look of a Gariz half-case also in black, and that does have cur-outs to allow SD-card removal, power, battery and tripod mounting.

The reason for the half-case is my Gitzo tripod as a metal connection plate, I am not happy about screwing that onto the T baseplate, so the half-case would solve that. (Cheaper than buying a new Gitzo head).

That is good news Andrew as I have a black T-version "naked". It goes in a Billingham Hadley Pro. I am awaiting the protective screen and that is now probably all I will add to the body. I like the look of a Gariz half-case also in black, and that does have cur-outs to allow SD-card removal, power, battery and tripod mounting.

The reason for the half-case is my Gitzo tripod as a metal connection plate, I am not happy about screwing that onto the T baseplate, so the half-case would solve that. (Cheaper than buying a new Gitzo head).

You have to remove it to get at battery.