Fuji xpro 1 revisited

phillym

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

preparing to dive back into the Leica world again I handled the new M. Not much different than the M9 I sold. Still bothered by no auto focus and poor jpegs I still was convinced I would rather carry the M than my Nikon D3 or the toy like X100t that I bought 6 months ago. At the dealer I took some shots with the M and was so unimpressed with the images I started to question what I was doing. While there a customer had an xpro1 with him. After speaking with him for a while he told me about the new firmware 3.40 and how amazing the xpro1 was after the new firmware. I tried it and without question the images we put on the dealers computer were far better than the M. Colors were more accurate and the 35 he had on the camera was tack sharp. I bought the Fuji without hesitation. Granted the M is better built but build does not create great IQ. 

In in summary the M in my opinion is a great  camera but not equal to the Fuji as far as image quality. 

i preffered the XPRO1 to be just manual focus, i had and AF was so slow !!! my god horrible !!

regarding IQ...i think you are joking, every of my FF cameras, from M240 to SL, Sony RX1 ...they all blow away my old X-PRO1 .....NO COMPARISON

ahh i use only RAW....dont understand even why to shot in JPG...

• 3 months later...

I am a very new M 262 owner (with the Summarit-M 50mm f/2.4 lens) and also a long time Fuji owner, with the X-Pro 2 and most of the Fuji lens line.  I am constantly shooting and comparing the RAW images from both cameras with the same settings and subjects.  I find the Leica M262 images (manually focused, no image stabilization and hand held) a bit sharper than the Fuji X-Pro2 with all of it's many technical advantages.  Some images are too close to tell the difference, and some clearly give the M262 the advantage.

Some XPRO-1 images shot as part of an architecture project.

60mm and 35mm Fuji prime lenses.

Very impressive images, a good photographer who understands his/her camera/lens combo & PP can make an image "sing"..

Not detracting from anything or anyone some just love the Leica Look! Perceived or fact that's how it is.. I met a guy last week who said he only buys Chevrolet vehicles, when I asked him Why, his reply:- they are built better! -- Oh Well '(^_^)'..

• Like 1