Part 2 of my Leica Q review - At the the birthplace of photography with the Q

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just up on my blog now, the second part of my review of the Q, during a day in Lacock:

http://rangefinderchronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/leica-q-photo-review-part-2-at.html

Attached a couple of the images

Thanks for looking

Nick

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Excellent photos again...

Had this been available a few months ago and I had seen your photos, I could well have ended up with a Q rather than the M I bought...

Looking forward to your comparison shots... The angle of view of a 28 probably suits me better than the 35 Cron I bought, but no matter what, it's clear from your photographs that the Q is a very capable camera indeed and one perfectly suited to its purpose... I just hope the M is considerably better, otherwise I will have to keep this review away from my wife :)

I really don't understand how anyone can criticise results like these on a M sized Leica, when it is obvious they have made some excellent decisions on what to do and what not to do with this camera during the earlier phases of its development.

Truly excellent... Thank you.

Bill

Edited by Livingston
  • Like 2

Thanks all

Thorsten - it's an honour, your Q page is the most informative and best on the internet.

motto - it is coming soon...

Bill - don't worry. The M is a superb camera. I'm certainly not getting rid of mine. The Q is a different but also lovely beast. Your M will also have good re-sale value, but you will make more of a loss selling now than getting the best out of it for a year or so and then deciding if you love it too much to part with, or if you want to sell it and put the money to a Q or whatever else has arrived then. 

Nick

• Like 1

A delightful collection of images that not only makes me look even more forward to my trip to the UK this fall, but ever more convinced the Q is the camera for me.  Can't wait for my turn on the list to purchase.  Thank you again for the excellent presentation.  I look forward to Part 3.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments.

I use Lightroom to convert to black and white, using the colour slides to give me the look I prefer.

Here are a couple more from my blog, including in the Fox Talbot museum which everyone should visit if you haven't already - and a lovely old used Japanese Leica book I picked up there...

And a photo of the same latticed window Fox Talbot made the first ever negative of, at Lacock Abbey...

I'm just posting my final Part 3 of the review now - so thanks for looking at Part 2

Nick

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Nick De Marco