Leica Mayfair NOT SO GOOD

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just received my Leica Q from Vijay at Leica Mayfair, boxed all sealed and could not wait to open, Well a problem there was no battery inside (Not a Happy Bunny to say the least) then when I call and speak with Vijay (Shop Manager) he tries to make me feel like a thief, by saying I am sure that can't be right this has never happened, well it has and his response was the worst customer service I have ever come across, I just paid him £2900.00 for a camera. Then he tells me he will send out a battery and yes he does (Got it today) but just a battery in a plastic bag, should have been in the cloth pouch, and he tells me I do not need that ? 

Well I do need it and its poor customer service to say the least for such a high end product, I am afraid to say I will not deal with them again in a hurry.

Need to contact Jason Heward and see what he says?

Edited by soloforce

Never used the Mayfair shop, but red Dot cameras the other side of town are brilliant, took time to explain everything to me and then biked the camera over to the office for me I have a list of other lenses I need or should I say want and will only buy them from them

This is no use to you I'm afraid, but I've used the Mayfair shop for three or four major purchases and found them to be exemplary, and on two occasions going well beyond the call of duty. But you're right to be unhappy with the service you've received, which is a great shame considering how superb I've found them.

You are right it's totally no use, I am the guy who spent the money and they should appreciate that, and not send me a second hand battery without the pouch, I understand that mistakes happen in production, but a little bit of professional customer care would have resolved this situation to both our satisfactions, now I have a camera with a second hand battery and no pouch, so when I dispose of it then there is no full package to give at present.

They should apologise for the treatment thus far, send me a pouch and new battery and maybe a small gift for the trouble, As the CEO of a company myself I would never leaver a customer in this position. 

I take it this is your first Leica being new here. Welcome.  As you say thinks can happen in packaging. Vijay is probably correct in that it is unusual. Having meet Vijay on several occasions through the Akademie he has always struck me as a great guy who is always extremely helpful. I think the capitals ought to be qualified with a "IMHO".

Edited by pedaes
  • Like 1

My X-Vario charger exploded and they replaced it by post the following day ........ which is what should happen .... and an M9 and 18 SEM replaced because of issues as well without much argument ......

but countering this are a list of other problems that I have had with them ....... itemised at length in the forum at various points in the last 7 years.

I would regard their customer service as 'inconsistent' ..... which is anything is worse than being just downright awful.... at least then you know where you stand .....

I always call in for a play with their new toys but no longer use them as my preferred dealer ......

Guest jvansmit

They send out a battery right away so you can use the camera.....seems like excellent service to me.

They're hardly likely to keep the cloth pouch in stock. 

• Like 1

They send out a battery right away so you can use the camera.....seems like excellent service to me.

They're hardly likely to keep the cloth pouch in stock.

Exactly. I doubt the replacement batteries come in a pouch. Although it's disappointing that the battery was missing in the first place, it looks like Mayfair made the best of the situation.

I would be unhappy to get that box also, but that's what can happen. 

I would suggest to pay for the battery he sent out and then mail Leica in Wetzlar that I got a box without the battery in the pouch and have them send it. You will need two batteries anyways and they should know, and they would have to get the possibility to make it right.

But it's always intersting how to deal with unhappy customers. The customer is always right, and then you deal with it from there.

Which reminds me that last nigh we ordered two veggie burgers, and out came two pieces of bred with salad inside. When I complained, the manager asked if I hadn't read the menu (which states that there's a grilled aubergine in it), and by the way he couldn't sell the food again to someone else. 

I paid and wrote the owner. I'm not going to discuss with a stubborn manager that the definition of a veggie burger is that there is a patty of soya inside. In checking what the menu actually said I noticed the place uses two of my images they haven't asked or paid for. So we'll see how the owner deals with it and measure up the good-will account after that. If he deals well with it, we're probably fine. If not, I will send a bill for the two images used (around $600$ that is). 

It's a bad idea to make people feel wrong  (even when they are). You have to undertand their viewpoint. 

My own experience is that the people who bought all my books and three workshops are never unhappy. The ones who bought lots of photos are never unhappy. The most unhappy customers I have are the ones who never bought anything but sent me an e-mail with a lot of questions about what they should do, and that I didn't get to answer. It's unfair, but it's the reality so you try to deal with that. The customer is always right, even if they didn't buy anything yet.

• Like 5

Its not the pouch, its the principle, if you buy a Porsche and one of the lights is missing thats bad so you would not tolerate it, also if I sold my Leica Q to you I am more than sure you would ask where the bag is, its a kit and people want the full complement. And as Thorsten says above its a bad idea to make people feel wrong and they did that to me.

Far worse things happen daily in this world (homelessness, famine, war, terrorism etc) than a battery missing from a camera box and (shock horror) the replacement not having a cloth pouch!

If you feel the customer service sucked - vote with your feet and never go near that shop again - at least in London there are other places you can get Leica 

You are right it's totally no use, I am the guy who spent the money and they should appreciate that, and not send me a second hand battery without the pouch, I understand that mistakes happen in production, but a little bit of professional customer care would have resolved this situation to both our satisfactions, now I have a camera with a second hand battery and no pouch, so when I dispose of it then there is no full package to give at present.

They should apologise for the treatment thus far, send me a pouch and new battery and maybe a small gift for the trouble, As the CEO of a company myself I would never leaver a customer in this position. 

Given the tone of your response to a sympathetic post, I think I may have an inkling into why you're having a little difficulty here.

• Like 3

As the CEO of a company myself I would never leaver a customer in this position. 

I was CEO as well. I oversaw the management of my personal wealth. Only my own. And let me say, I was very difficult, sometimes rude to myself. I found I was not a team player. So I fired myself and now contract the management from some guy in Omaha, Nebraska. I think he has a shirt company.

There are CEOs and CEOs.