40mm version please

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry, a 28mm has the "rendering" of a 28mm, no matter how much you crop it.

Possibly so, depending on what you think a "rendering" might be. The perspective, however, is entirely independent of the lenses in use. Perspective can be observed with the naked eye.

It's been 2 years since Q was releassed and it is still selling strong. Demand has not relented. I doubt very much that Leica will all of a sudden stop making the 28mm and releasse a new focal length or even releasse a new focal length alongside the 28mm. Makes absolutely no sense at all. Multi focal Q? Makes even less sense. That's what an SL is for. Q with a Vario bulky and slow lens? Utterly pointless. Look at the fate of X Vario.

There must be a reason why Leica chose the 28mm. They didnt just pull a number out of the bag.

• Like 1

Sorry, a 28mm has the "rendering" of a 28mm, no matter how much you crop it.

You were right on other occasions, but let's please return to #1.

I'd buy a 40mm Q right away.

I actually don't really like the neither-fish-nor-fowl 40-45mm focal length.  35mm is great, 50mm is great.  Somewhere in between, not so great, IMO.

Around 43mm is considered to be the 'Perfect normal' So 50mm is slightly long and 35 is wide. I don't know why this focal length never took off. Maybe because Leica didn't put 42mm framelines in? I have an Olympus 35SP which has a 42mm 1.7 lens and is really lovely to shoot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anything, it will come a year, a year and half after they released the M10... That will be new showrunner until the next SL, and so on

It's been 2 years since Q was releassed and it is still selling strong. Demand has not relented. I doubt very much that Leica will all of a sudden stop making the 28mm and releasse a new focal length or even releasse a new focal length alongside the 28mm. Makes absolutely no sense at all. Multi focal Q? Makes even less sense. That's what an SL is for. Q with a Vario bulky and slow lens? Utterly pointless. Look at the fate of X Vario.

There must be a reason why Leica chose the 28mm. They didnt just pull a number out of the bag.