Which M lenses do you want to own??

Herr Barnack

An excellent choice.

Thanks.  I've rented this lens before and borrowed it at a Leica Akademie event, so I a. Familiar with its magic.  The only things that have held me back in the past were the horrible 28mm frame lines and a lack of personal comfort working with the 28mm focal length.  I will make a very serious effort to adapt to the view and master the perspective because when composition and perspective are righ with this lens it is a serious stunner.

• Like 1

I have what I need and I tend to small, light , slow lenses, except where there is no escape like 75 APO.  I will not sacrifice quality for cheap or small.  50 collapsible elmar  is my normal 50,  but I will use my 50 `lux for low light.   35 2.0 ASPH because it is as slow as they make.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I sold my 90 APO-ASPH, it really was just too perfect/too much for me.

Informal portraits and occasional landscapes/architectural details tend to be my primary use for 90mm.

I really didn't need the 'ultimate' 90mm for this use case (great as it was.)

I picked up a little 90 TE Thin but feel maybe I erred and should have gone for a: 

- 90 Summicron pre-APO - I adored the R version of this lens, this is what I should probably have opted for. 

- 90 Elmarit (46mm filter size is a draw since all my other lenses use it. I hear the lens is very contrasty though and possibly lacking the above's 'special sauce' for portraits.)

So now I've disturbed the still waters of my gear and probably have to save up for a 90 Cron pre-APO/find a good one without haze/problems.

That's a wishlist filled with big ticket items luigi! Leave the oldies alone, start at the top, and see how far down your list you make it  :)

While my Leica kit is complete (28/2.8 Elmarit ASPH, 35/2.5 Summarit, 50 Summicron v5, 90 Elmarit v2 and 1937 Zeiss 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar), that doesn't mean I'm not still lusting after other glass.

I recently pulled the trigger on a Carl Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 ZE for Canon and love it on my 6D.  Since the DSLR is already big, I don't really mind big and heavy lenses when I use it.  Also, unlike an RF there are no issues with focusing accurately with razor-thin depth of field and that beast of a lens focuses a lot closer than any 35mm lens would on a rangefinder.

Next addition will likely be a fast 50mm or 85mm for the Canon.  The CZ lenses are very nice, though the one I really want (55mm f/1.4 Otus) is out of my price range.  Maybe a used one?