Which M lenses do you want to own??

Herr Barnack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm happy with what I have, which is a 50mm f/2 Summicron (non-APO current model), 35mm f/2.5 Summarit and a first-generation 90mm f/2.8 Elmarit made sometime around 1972.  I'd like to add either a 28mm f/2 Summicron or a 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit ASPH.

For non-Leica lenses I love my three Sonnars, which are a 1941 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f/2 Sonnar T, a 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar and a 1963 Zomz 5cm f/1.5 Jupiter 3.  I would like to add the modern Carl Zeiss ZM 50mm f/1.5 C Sonnar, optimized for f/1.5 of course.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

By the end of this week I'll have Summicrons in 35/50/75, but will eventually need something at the wider end.

My current (non Leica) travel kits makes quite a bit of use of the Fujinon 18mm f2, which might indicate that the Summicron 28mm lens will do the job, but I'll do some serious thinking about a decision on either a  21mm or 28mm lens

I've got more than I could reasonably ever justify, but I like the idea of the 75mm Lux. I doubt it adds much that I don't already have with the Cron, but still, it's tempting.

Whoooo... That is a statement you will dearly like to take back, once you own a 75lux

• Like 1

Can only imagine what such a hypothetical lens might weigh.

These brutes negate the Barnack philosophy. 

Not that the Nocti 50 or the Lux 21 and 24 would fit that either. It is more about choice and making a statement. Neither you nor I have to buy it; I certainly don't have any intent to buy any of those three mentioned previously. I get into Leica because it offers the least compromise between IQ and size/weight.

• Like 2

At a given point I think too many lenses does not contribute any more to your development in good looking and creative framing and composing. I now own 15 24 35 50 75 90 135, some angles double or triple. I am very fond of the 28 Summicron but it would be just too much all together. 

Edited by otto.f