Which M lenses do you want to own??

Herr Barnack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am still waiting on the verdict for the Lux 28 vs. the Cron 28 as an overall performer. But the Lux could be my next lens.

With the EVF, I am looking forward to seeing faster and longer tele lens for the M-mount. Deep down, I believe a Leica Cron 135 APO M would be much smaller than the Zeiss.

I would like to own, a 24mm Summilux  or 28mm summicron, 90 summicron, and a 50 noctilux (0.95)

wouldn't mind a WATE and MATE too, for a nice travel set

I will probably actually wind up with a 28 elmarit and a 90 summarit (already have the 50 summarit, that might be upgraded to a 50lux at some point)

Edited by Echo63

Nor me. 28 mm is not my favorite focal length. My Summilux 24 is my never-sell lens :)

Funny, I was just looking at one today - second hand, but essentially new, for about 60% of list price. I have until Monday to decide . Hmmm.

I just want a 50mm Summicron f/2.0 version II in black ...

Till then, I will get all the other lenses 

:D

What is the serial number range for those. I might have one.

Me neither. (re Who doesn't want the 28mm Summilux.)

Too large compared with the beautiful Summicron, which will probably remain the ultimate 28mm lens, in my opinion, though the current 2.8 has a lot in its favour too. 

I think you should never underestimate the value of the small size of most Leica lenses. There are so many advantages in small lenses that you have to know for sure that the benefit that larger lenses give (usually a larger maximum aperture, which regularly brings other performance implications)  is really so necessary to your photography that you are prepared to accept the significant compromises to get it.

Edited by Peter H
  • Like 3

No new Leica-M lenses excite me nowadays.

Did not like the 35/1.4 fle and sold it with the M9T. I have ordered the ZM 35/1.4.

I miss the two lenses I had before and they are the MATE and 50/1.1v2. I will be buying them if I find a nice copy.

I'm not really interested in acquiring any further Leica lenses atm (eight is quite enough). If pushed, however, I'd have to say that I'm mildly interested in the 28mm Summilux which, if I got it, I would substitute for my 35mm Summilux FLE.

• Like 2

I'm (currently) not excited by any of the modern leica lenses, so my wish list is (in order);

3.4/21 SA

2/35 v4 cron

and if pushed, a 1.4/35 pre asph lux (for no real reason).

Sometimes I tow with the idea of a 90, but I never use them when I have them - on SLRs or rangefinders - so I don't really want one.

Interesting how many people aren't getting the 28 lux.

Cheers,

Michael