Which M lenses do you own?

ducstar

Let's see:

90 AA Summicron - compact, tack sharp, short tele.  Great for travel, not so much for portraiture.

75 Summilux - dreamy wide open, tack sharp stopped down.  Great for portraits and for landscape.

Noctilux 0.95 - great general purpose 50, dreamy wide and sharp stopped down.  Great for low light or for that dreamy look.

50 Summilux ASPH - compact, fantastic all purpose 50, well matched with the 28 Summicron for travel.

50 Summitar f/2 LTM (coated) - old style retractable 50, matched to my M3

M Edition 60 35 Summilux ASPH - matched to M60 camera.  Great single lens kit.

28 Summicron ASPH - great companion for 50 Summilux as a two lens kit.  I prefer the slightly wider angle of view over the 35.

21 Summilux ASPH - having a rest and considering its role in life.  Usually gets an outing as part of a 3 lens (21-28-50) or 4 lens (21-28-50-75) kit.  Great for dramatic skies on the Monochrom with an orange or red filter (stopped down to avoid focus shift)

15 Distagon f/2.8 ZM T* - rarely used, but always a surprise.  This lens really needs live view to get any idea of framing or focus.

• Like 2

Let's see:

90 AA Summicron - compact, tack sharp, short tele.  Great for travel, not so much for portraiture.

75 Summilux - dreamy wide open, tack sharp stopped down.  Great for portraits and for landscape.

Noctilux 0.95 - great general purpose 50, dreamy wide and sharp stopped down.  Great for low light or for that dreamy look.

50 Summilux ASPH - compact, fantastic all purpose 50, well matched with the 28 Summicron for travel.

50 Summitar f/2 LTM (coated) - old style retractable 50, matched to my M3

M Edition 60 35 Summilux ASPH - matched to M60 camera.  Great single lens kit.

28 Summicron ASPH - great companion for 50 Summilux as a two lens kit.  I prefer the slightly wider angle of view over the 35.

21 Summilux ASPH - having a rest and considering its role in life.  Usually gets an outing as part of a 3 lens (21-28-50) or 4 lens (21-28-50-75) kit.  Great for dramatic skies on the Monochrom with an orange or red filter (stopped down to avoid focus shift)

15 Distagon f/2.8 ZM T* - rarely used, but always a surprise.  This lens really needs live view to get any idea of framing or focus.

Really impressive collection.

• Like 1

50mm Summilux-M ASPH - My favorite lens, by far.

40mm Summicron-C - I love the rendering and how forgiving it is :)

135mm Elmar-M - The original lens from the 60s. Great performer too.

25mm CV Color Skopar - "Just for fun" lens. I can't get used to wide angles.

--

Apart from those, I have one Canon 50mm 1.2 LTM that has a very nice classical look. It needs to be calibrated, though.

90 AA Summicron

75 Summilux

50 Noctilux f/0.95

50 APO-Summicron 

50 Summilux

35 Summilux FLE

28 Elmarit ASPH

21 SEM

That's it no more lenses ..... ever.

Hmm, gazing into my crystal ball, I can see ... yes .. I can see a 28 Summilux!

• Like 5

ZM18, SEM 21, 28 Cron, ZM35/2, CV 35/1.2 and 1.4, Rokkor 40/2, 50 Cron and Sonnetar, 75 Lux, 90 summarit, and 135/3.4 APO

Left out the LTMs ;)

All I really crave is a 50 Lux.

Edited by uhoh7
  • Like 1

Why do you want to know what I own?

I cannot see how or what I own can or will improve your photography!!

My brother has s Tesla S, it cannot have any influence on either my driving habits or ability..

L

Edited by manoleica
  • Like 1

Why do you want to know what I own?

I cannot see how or what I own can or will improve your photography!!

My brother has s Tesla S, it cannot have any influence on either my driving habits or ability..

L

Do you pee on all parades or just those which concern the scared practice of photography?

"I cannot see how or what I own can or will improve your....." Read some military history and you might learn that curoisity has enhanced many an army and influenced many a battle. Not to mention how many great photographers, from Kubrick to Salgado, have been utterly obsessed with lenses.

Moreover it's not like the OP is waterboarding you for an answer. If you consider the topic silly, why particapte?

Edited by uhoh7
  • Like 12

Many (number depends on how to consider Visoflex lenses... M or not ? ;)) : anyway  the ones I really use are :

21 (Elmarit asph)

28 (Elmarit v3)

35 (Summicron asph) 

50 x 2 (Summilux "old" or Summicron v3)

75 Summarit

90 Elmarit-M

135 Tele Elmar

280 Telyt

black = most used - always in the bag

• Like 1

28 2.8 Elmarit M Asph

35 3.5 Summaron M

40 2.8 Elmarit C (yes its true what they say about it, but it is very compact)

50 1.4 Summilux M Asph (LHSA)

50 2    Summicron M (I also have the screw fit version for my IIIg)

50 2.8 Elmar M

90 2.8 Elmarit M

28 on my M7 is most used followed by 35 on my M2

• Like 1

uhoh7..

Then by all means read and learn about Kubrick et al" and the lenses they owned and used.

Study any war from the biblical days right up to the wars raging today, they had people who first wrote history and then photographers that recorded history. Yes, learn from them, but what I or others own cannot in any way

Influence you if you cannot "See" the image"

If you had every lens available it would be like continuous shooting, no guarantee you would actually

"Get" the image..

Getting personal shows ignorance"

ps.. I believe you mean The Sacred practice of Photography..

L

Sometimes when I buy a lens I think "that's it, no more!". But I don't have Jennifer's self-discipline. I change around quite a bit, in practice. I like a variety of focal lengths and a variety of drawing styles. It means that some get little use, but when I want that flavour the lens gets used. The nice thing is that these lenses hold a good chunk of their value, so I only look at the cost in terms of the resale hit portion and 'rent'. 

21mm Summilux

24mm Elmarit ASPH (yet to arrive)

28mm Summicron

35mm Summilux FLE

35mm Summicron ASPH

35mm Summicron type 1 - 8 element

50mm Summilux type 2, '60s pre-ASPH (yet to arrive)

50mm Summilux ASPH

50mm APO Summicron

50mm Elmar 3.5 - uncoated (yet to arrive, with a III Mod.F)

50mm Elmar 3.5 - red scale (yet to arrive, with a IIIg)

75mm Summilux

I'm missing 90mm at the moment. Have owned a number of different ones, but I think next will be 90mm Macro-Elmar with the M Macro Adaptor, as this would extend functionality the most.

But longer than 90mm and I switch to a different camera system.

Of the lenses I've owned, sold, and regret selling, the 90mm AA Summicron and the 21mm SEM would be near the top, along with an f/1 Noctilux. I also very much liked the 15mm Zeiss Distagon but found it difficult to make worthwhile frames with it. Image quality is exception though. 

If I could only keep 2 lenses, they'd be 50mm APO-Summicron & 28mm Summicron.

90 AA Summicron

75 Summilux

50 Noctilux f/0.95

50 APO-Summicron 

50 Summilux

35 Summilux FLE

28 Elmarit ASPH

21 SEM

That's it no more lenses ..... ever.

Judging from your avatar there's absolutely nothing wrong with your nose just as it is, so why go and risk it all?

Did Pinnochio teach us nothing?

• Like 1

I am quite relieved to see that I am not alone in having far more lenses than I need due to acquiring them over the past 40+ years and a certain reluctance to sell lenses I no longer use. Like Luigi Bertolotti I have a liking for Visoflex lenses which I still use on the M240 with EVF instead of my VisoflexIII.

Anyway my M lenses are:

15mm Voigtlander v3

21MM SEM

28mm Elmarit Asph

35mm Zeiss F2

50mm Summilux Asph

90mm Tele Elmarit (Thin version)

135mm Tele Elmar