jpeg removal Lr6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Having always been a DNG only shooter I know find that for some perverted reasson the new Q doesn't have a DNG only option so when I import my files into Lr6 I have all these jpeg files that I want to throw away in one go. So far I see no easy way to select only the jpeg's so as to delete them.  Any ideas

One of the built-in library filter options in LR is JPG Only (or dng only). Use that to show only jpegs, click the Select All box, and delete. Look in the bottom right of the screen: it usually shows "No Filter".

Edited by LocalHero1953

Having always been a DNG only shooter I know find that for some perverted reasson the new Q doesn't have a DNG only option so when I import my files into Lr6 I have all these jpeg files that I want to throw away in one go. So far I see no easy way to select only the jpeg's so as to delete them.  Any ideas

In LR6 Preferences you need to unclick the box next to Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos

I’ve marked it with a red on this screen shot:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

One of the built-in library filter options in LR is JPG Only (or dng only). Use that to show only jpegs, click the Select All box, and delete. Look in the bottom right of the screen: it usually shows "No Filter".

Thanks but in Lr6.1 I can find no option for jpeg or DNG only in the filter options in the Library

Here are the options I get

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest JonathanP

Try bringing up the filter bar, use the text option and specify filename ends with jpeg, then you can save the filter preset:

• Like 1

Guest JonathanP

But I'd have suggested clicking (in the filter bar) on "Metadata" then on one of the column headings and choosing "file type". Same result.

Blimey, I'd not noticed all those options before - thanks  :)

Jonathan

I dont have a Q, but with my camera (an A7) I shoot raw +jpg so the jpg is a 'backup'. I copy only the raw files from the camera to a folder first, thin any downright duds out using a file viewer, and only then import to LR.

The jpegs along with the raw files stay on the SD card until I have backed up the files on the computer, then I format the card.

Gerry

Edited by gyoung