Lieca Q Hidden Menu

Yes, Camera Store TV guy shows the hidden menu around11:07 of his video

http://leicarumors.com/2015/06/25/leica-q-hands-on-field-test-by-the-camera-store.aspx/#more-36286

doesn't tell us how to get there, though.

As his camera shows a serial number of 000000 in the hidden menu, I would assume that he got a preproduction loaner from Leica that had the hidden menu activated. Also shows a higher firmware no. 1.02, while mine is still on 1.0 and I haven't seen any new firmware so far.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by bernie.lcf
  • Like 1

Most of the main Leica dealers will have a member of staff who knows the key combination that brings up the hidden service menu that allows them to check a number of parameters and is used by the service technicians at Wetzlar. 

Hidden because there are usually some settings that can be changed ....... and fiddling by the unwary can cause big trouble. 

I handled two different Q bodies last weekend at an event.  The one owned by the store had no hidden menu, but the one supplied by the Leica rep in attendance did - complete with the 000... serial number.  I assume it was preproduction firmware.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Leica Q Hidden Menu Mystery Solved!

The question of how to access the "Hidden Leica Q Menu" arose as the result of a YouTube video review of the then brand new Leica Q. The Camera Store Guy in Canada did a nice review of the camera's features and parenthetically showed and mentioned a really cool "Hidden Menu" that contained a shutter actuation counter and several other handy features. 

Leica tells me that the camera was a pre-release model loaned to him for the purpose of the review and it contained special Service firmware that is not included in cameras that have been sold. For all practical purposes there is no "Hidden Menu" that an owner can access. It remains part of Leica's own proprietary service firmware. 

Hope this helps to answer the many queries. 

• Like 2

I doubt Leica only added that menu in a special firmware. For service centers menu's like that could have useful information (tests, error codes etc.). I can't imagine service centers first have to install a special firmware before they can access that information.

My M8 and M9s have a special key combo that gets you into a special info and diagnostic menu. Four clicks on the right hand arrow key, then three on the left, and another one on the right... then you hit the enter key, and you're in. Shows shutter actuations, serial number, and a bunch of parameters you probably don't want to mess with. I've not found anything like this on the Q.

• 2 months later...

I am about to buy a used Q and I really wish I would enable that Hidden Menu. I want to get an idea of shutter count before I buy this camera. There must be some secret button combination that enables it. Somebody out there must know what it is. I have done many searches on google but Leica has so far done a great job of keeping this hidden menu very secret.

I am about to buy a used Q and I really wish I would enable that Hidden Menu. I want to get an idea of shutter count before I buy this camera. There must be some secret button combination that enables it. Somebody out there must know what it is. I have done many searches on google but Leica has so far done a great job of keeping this hidden menu very secret.

At most the used Q is a year old.  It is also a leaf shutter.  If the camera is not beaten-up, I suspect that the internals are great!  Is there a warranty on it?

At most the used Q is a year old.  It is also a leaf shutter.  If the camera is not beaten-up, I suspect that the internals are great!  Is there a warranty on it?

I'm buying it from B&H. It was rated a 9 or 9+ on their used equipment rating system. I assume it's in great shape but I'm only getting $450 off from their normal price of $4250. I'm not sure I'm getting a Leica Warranty. Reading their site on used equipment I'm inclined to think not but I guess I can call Leica when I get it and find out what I have.  I know B&H gives me 90 days and 30 to return for any reason.  I'm sort of on the fence but I'll let the order go through and see what I get.