Like New M-Hexanon 35mm F/2 Price Ebay UK

tatetate

I've seen them for about US$1100-1500. They rose rapidly in price along with other vintage M lenses when the M9 appeared and remain so (? rarity). The Hexanon 35 is of late 1990s vintage so I wonder whether other newer designs may be more appealing for the price. Like the re-designed VM 1,7/35 due out soon.

Edited by james.liam

Exactly, I believe M Mounts were made after 1999-2000 with modern coating. Read plenty reviews comparing it to expensive summicron 35. for the price i have heard its a stellar.

Thats why i thought that someone might have it here and share their experience and give details about price.

Currently is 600 Pounds with having 3 three days to go i wonder if it will stay down. 

I have 3 Hex M lenses (albeit not the 35) and their construction is superior to the CV and Zeiss' in my camera bag. I also own 2 Hex LTM lenses and they are also superb. Can't compare them to Leicas offerrings though. James, is your comment on their construction is based on your own experiences??

It may be comparable to the v.4 Summicron, but not against the ASPH. Don't believe it has that sort of glass. The construction/materiel likewise isn't up to Leica or Zeiss (or Voigtlander) standards.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Alan,

I had 28mm F/2.8 bought it from a seller in Japan and sadly had to return it as it had focusing problem. however built  was really nice. 

I am not sure how do we benchmark the built quality with rest, there is no doubt leicas are the best optic as well as built wise yet we pay price.

but my argument comes back to price of Hexanon-M lenses, which are a treat for a small price.

Edited by tatetate

I have 3 Hex M lenses (albeit not the 35) and their construction is superior to the CV and Zeiss' in my camera bag. I also own 2 Hex LTM lenses and they are also superb. Can't compare them to Leicas offerrings though. James, is your comment on their construction is based on your own experiences??

Based on handling one. Nice lens, no doubt. Just did not seem to me the same level of fit/finish as the best VMs, ZMs or Leicas. Never been crazy about the Hexanon's black finish either. Perhaps the copy that I examined may have been poorly cared for, I'll give you that.

I originally bought the 28, 50 and 90 Hex M lenses in a package with the Hexar RF, all new. So it's hard to break down what I paid for them individually. I don't have the Hex M 35 but the 35/2 UC LTM. Paid US$870 brand new, boxed with all accessories some years ago. Last time I looked sellers were asking over 2 grand for second hand copies. I also have the Hex 50/2.5 collapsible LTM. That one is a real sleeper, terrific IQ. I remember Erwin Puts rating it above the Leica Elmar 50/2.8 modern version. I reiterate the build and finish on all the Hexanons are top class, well above my CV's and Zeiss lens.

Alan, if you dont mind me asking how much did u pay for them? or i will put it this way .. what can be price like for like new 35mm F/2 M-Hexanon

Thanks

• Like 1

I can't comment on price but I have a Hexanon-M 90mm lens which is superb. At one time I used to work in a camera shop which sold Konica SLRs and all Hexanon lenses were of a very high standard. The M series, I would say, are far better than the CV and Zeiss lenses but not quite up to Leica standards. YMMV of course.

Mat,

I have got 90mm F/2.8 HEX but that too has come from my fathers collection. I was seriously thinking of making a set 28 35 50 90 as they are really good performers but when it comes to finding them its very very hard.

I was browsing randomly and came across 35mm F/2 which is due expiring today and is like new but it has already jumped high enough for me to stay away :)

Cheers