May be not “Collector”

Advertisement (gone after registration)

May be not “Collector” but no doubt “Historica”

As I have those pieces in my so called collection, some times I ask myself:  is it a case to be ashamed for? can I mention it? or, by the opposite, never talk about?

Those cameras show us some atempts Leica made, in that terrible changing times, to enter in the digital and popular market, making partnerships with japanese companies, first Fuji, after Panasonic, using their experience and technology, ofering Leica´s name, optical quality and that magic red dot.

That´s the result

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

The first cameras were collaborations with Fuji. Odd looking things and from the early days of digital when they tried to mostly design cameras that didn't look like cameras! I did't realise there were 3 models so you've taught me something today! 

The Digilux 1 was a collaboration with Panasonic which continues today (Panasonic make the C lux and D lux models and most probably some parts of the T and Q). 

I have the Panasonic version of the Digilux 1 and it could produce quite acceptable results for web or up to A4 prints. I'd try it out again but I've mislaid the charger! 

• Like 1

I did't realise there were 3 models so you've taught me something today! 

Thank you James!

I remember that when I used to do lectures to my students, if I realised that I had taught one, only one thing to anybody, I had my day won!

Digilux 1 works OK, but I had problems with flat batteries,  got new generic onesand an universal charger, because its not possible to charge trough the camera with normal charger.

And, by the way, the other three cameras,  they work, true, they still work!

Regards

António

Was still strongly tied with my M4 when those odd "vertical" Digilixus did appear,... and looked at them as a proof that Leica had nothing to do with digital, apart rebranding "toys"... :huh: ; with the intro of Digilux I I started to change a little my mind and thought that, after all, one day or another I COULD think  to have a digital... and the introduction of Digilux 2  was the first time in which I finally said to myself "I'd like to have a digital " .... but didn't decide myself to buy it...time passed... M8 arrived and the rest is history... :)

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1

Of course it is collection, Antonio! like the rest of your Leicas (I still have copies of the 4 photos illustrating the 30 Leicas you published some time ago).

As I am concerned, I started "digital" with the Digilux 2 (I still have it boxed), then - when getting too old and having given up collecting - moved to minis in the Panasonic range, until Leica started her own mini series. I now enjoy the D-Lux 20.

• Like 1

May be not “Collector” but no doubt “Historica”

As I have those pieces in my so called collection, some times I ask myself:  is it a case to be ashamed for? can I mention it? or, by the opposite, never talk about?

Those cameras show us some atempts Leica made, in that terrible changing times, to enter in the digital and popular market, making partnerships with japanese companies, first Fuji, after Panasonic, using their experience and technology, ofering Leica´s name, optical quality and that magic red dot.

That´s the result

They are all significant cameras; I have the same and their accessories in my collection. I particularly like the Digicopy 4.3 slide copier and Digimacro 4.3 macro adaptor. Latter would have been very useful and cost effective back in 2000/2001 for quickly producing record shots in a lab environment … the only alternative 'instant' hard copy record media being Polaroid or Fuji instant film. 

dunk

• Like 1