SHOCKING !!! (nudity warning)

Couldn't be better! Even the taxicab is placed perfectly; fun to imagine the passengers mimicking the poster girl....rarely do the stars align so well, and a huge congrats for your excellent speed, instinct, and accurate aim. Nicest street shot I've seen anywhere in some time.

Larry 

• Like 1

Very good photograph. Congratulations!

What's the context? What was going on?

Hi Pedro and cheers,

It was in June this year and the Naked Bike Ride in London.

It was at a T-Junction and I was across the road to the left of the shot, when this guy crashed his bike, hence the marks on his elbow and left hip.

I ran to the middle of the road on the traffic island, just as he was picking up his bike. I focused in landscape and then shot it in portrait, then walked off.

It wasn't until a few days later when I'd processed and scanned the neg' that I saw the whole scene.

Being completely honest, I hadn't seen the girl on the poster as I'd only taken a shot of 'him' - it was one of those grab shots and hadn't thought anything of it.

Looking at it now, half a second either way and the shot wouldn't have been there. If you look closely on the left of shot, there's the front of another bus coming through and the taxi is moving to the left.

One second later, the poster girl would have been covered and he'd swung his leg over the bike (urghh !!!)

As a member said previously, it was one of those rare as hens teeth moments when everything aligns, never to be repeated.

More luck than skill. Just wish I was as lucky with the lottery. :D

Still, easily the nicest pic I've ever taken and my favourite bit is that even though you can't see his face, he appears to be looking up at the girl.

Kev

Edited by Leica Fanatic