What happened after I did a Manual Balance?…..any suggestions what to now?

RinoJasper

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey Leica aficionados, hope someone has an answer for my dilemma. I just arrived at my trip's destination with a Leica M9 recently converted in Germany to a Leica M9P. (yes I am one of those CCD lovers) The first six pictures started out well, I could still check the clipping until I decided to take a manual balance.

All the sudden the screen went black, could no longer view the previous six images and when pressing the 'menu' button the only options that are visible are the ones that were selected. Also, when pressing 'iso' only the 160 is visible as that was the setting I selected. (not all the other iso options. I went to a local Leica store and was told that they never experienced this. Hopefully someone has a suggestion……and yes I did checked the 'brightness' and it does have the current software update, also took multiple other manual WB settings as well as changed the card and battery. BTW, the camera is still taking the pictures correctly on the card  ;)  Thank you for your input.

That's a new one - have been on this site since the camera came out.

I'd keep fiddling or send it in.

Try snapshot mode, change the resolution etc.

ISO:  you have to hold that button down and use the arrow keys to select

Good luck - glad its at least writing your files!

I'll keep fiddling with it. Regarding ISO I do understand to hold button down in order to change to another setting. Normally you see all the other settings, you scroll to the desired new setting and set. However I no longer see the other settings just the one that is currently selected.

Try running down the battery all the way and leaving the camera alone for 24 hours. With luck, that could reset it. Otherwise it appears that a trip to Wetzlar is in order. :(

• Like 1