Advertisement (gone after registration)

So Canon, Corfield... lol. Just got back et voilà:

DSC01879.jpg

Also the M4:

DSC01869.jpg

They also have a videocamera:

DSC01865.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

I'm uploading the high size pics on my Flickr, then I'll put the link here so you can check them out.

Edited by lleo

hug... can't open the link (my antivirus doesn't agree... :unsure: ; anyway... 10,5 cm and f4,5 !!!  So... a Tessar by sure... probably the same lens mounted on bellows and leaf shutter on Zeiss Ikonta C 6x9.... the mount and the f/stop ring are so strange that it even seems a sort of lab work (well made, indeed) ... the f stop values look engraved in a someway artisan way...  and the "30" value is an oddity (the "natural" ought to be 25) ; is a very interesting item and I would be curios a lot to know its origin/history.... I'd bet it hasn't been a standard listed lens from some vendor... but if some expert on the complex story of Zeiss lenses (*) comes in, he's welcome

(*) VERY complex: here's an essay by an excellent Italian publisher ;) http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/Zeiss_cute_DFR_DDR_lenses/00_pag.htm

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Hey Luigi, set an exeption on your antivirus. You can state an exception and let your browser accept the page. Yes, I know Marco Cavina, not personally but his site. And yes, it's a Tessar. If you go in the Flickr page you'll have the full size pics.

As I see that "a little collection" includes sometimes other brands than the "revered one", let me confess that when I walked through "fairs" looking for pieces to add to my Leica Fontenelle Collection, I very often - when prices were attractive - buy pieces that had only to do with "photography". And I often tried, and even "used" some of them.

I found back the "Various photographic machines" file in my archives, and extracted the following :

- an Agfa Standard dating around 1930 (in fact, it belong to my father, who was killed at war in 1940);

- a Chinon;

- a Compass, little Swiss marvel of miniaturization;

- a Contax I, the Zeiss' competitor to the Leica, this one making more sense in my collection;

- a Franke & Heidecke Heidoscop, the forerunner of the famous Rollei;

- a Golden Steky "miniature";

- a very classical Hasselblad 500 C/M that I used quite a lot;

- and a 1946 Kodak Brownie C that has been my first camera, received on the occasion of my "communion" at the age of 12.

There are a dozen or so more...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nice stuff, the Hassi is awesome. But I only took pictures of one section of the shop. They also have severals two-optics cameras, medium formats, and so on.

Nice stuff, the Hassi is awesome. But I only took pictures of one section of the shop. They also have severals two-optics cameras, medium formats, and so on.

You liked it? why not to go on, then (yesterday, I was limited by the number of attachments allowed).

- Mentor, the first illustrated, came complete...without lens;

- Metropolitan "Clix de Luxe";

- as can be judged by the state of the red leather case, I used quite a lot the excellent Minox 35ML, whose size fitted my frequent business travels before the advent of the mini digital cameras;

- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS2 has been my first digital "mini" before Leica decided to offer something smaller that the Digilux 2...;

- Plaubel mAKINA;

- I also used quite a lot both Polaroid 660 and SLR680, not so much by conviction but because Polaroid has been a communication client...;

- and finally, another Swiss miniaturization marvel I very much liked : the Tessina Automatic 35mm.

OK, promised, I will limit myself to Leica in future threads !

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!