Is wet printing worth doing

munro

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As  others  have  said   give   wet  printing  a  go . 

I  find  there  is  a  special  magic  about  watching  a  B&W   print   build  up in  the  tray , regardless  of  how  many times  I  have  done it . I  may  not  be  very  good  at   dodging  and   burning   but  I  far  prefer  it  to  messing  about  with  a  computer.  I have  limited  experience  with a n ink  jet   printer   and  the   best  thing  I did  with  it was  take it  to the   dump.   I  know   you  can  get  better  ones  now. 

I tend  to  do more   colour   negative  using  a  Nova   slot  tank  ,  and  the  RA4   chemicals   kept  for  months  as  long as  the  tank  was  full  .  I would replenish  as  required . 

• Like 1

I am working with a Nova Masterlab  4 slots 20x25cm  in combination with a Jobo CPA-2 till 40x50cm. You can keep the chemicals much longer and it is quick by always stand by. For color I am normally using a Thermaphot ACP 252 machine.

For the enlarger I am working with a compact Dunco II 67 enlarger (120 cm column) with Split Grade. Top enlarger lenses all from Rodenstock 50mm/60mm-WA and 80mm.

After so many time I am doing this (up from 6 y.o. in 1967) it is still magic and with the new modern electronic help it helps for less waste paper and more productivity.

Just a 35mm print from Foma's new Retropan 320 Soft film.

20215776072_915d539185_z.jpg