"New" (to me) M7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

About a year ago I sold my MP thinking that I was done with film (silly, I know). Between an Xpan, two 4x5's, and a Horseman 612 it became pretty obvious that I was not leaving film so today purchased a beautiful M7. Viewfinder is not quite as nice as the MP but with the auto it is very convenient as well as much more reasonably priced.

Can't wait to get the first couple of rolls processed.

• Like 5

Dave , you're right to go back film ... less convenient but prettier versus digital

Congratulations for your M7 acquisition  :)

Look at these recent pictures (with M7 and MP)

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/page-238

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/245621-aravis-mountain-range/

... and process yourself

Please post and share your pictures with us

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Digital certainly has it's place but film is so much more satisfying, to me anyway. It isn't always the destination, it's the ride. :-)

Context, please. Do you do film, then scan the negatives? Doing so completely defeats the virtues of film.

Just asking.

That depends.. fex my "master plan" is to get real prints made, from all the film I shoot, and then scan selected few for online viewing etc digital use.

I'll probably just use a digital camera + tripod & even lighting to "scan" the prints. It should yield good enough results for posting in the internet forums.

//Juha

Context, please. Do you do film, then scan the negatives? Doing so completely defeats the virtues of film.

Just asking.

How is it defeating the virtues of film? Don't you see the difference between a print made from a scanned neg and a digital file? I know I do.

On the other hand taking a digital image and applying noise to mimic film grain completely defeats the virtues of digital.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How is it defeating the virtues of film? Don't you see the difference between a print made from a scanned neg and a digital file? I know I do.

On the other hand taking a digital image and applying noise to mimic film grain completely defeats the virtues of digital.

+1

Just asking.

With all respect, this is probably the most ridiculous assertion that I have seen on the forum in a long time.

Not to fully support my perspective, but merely to amplify it: I guess slide film no longer has ANY "virtues" at all whatsoever???  I say this b/c analog printing of slide film negatives is no longer possible.  Did you know that??  That means that the only way to see your slide film image other than via a projector is to SCAN it and then print it or view it on a computer.  We can legitimately debate whether this workflow materially detracts from a genuine old fashioned analog print (I would most certainly vote yes), but a digitized slide film exposure still has that chrome characteristic that is unique and in may cases not repeatable with a digital camera.

• Like 4

[...]  the only way to see your slide film image other than via a projector is to SCAN it and then print it or view it on a computer.  We can legitimately debate whether this workflow materially detracts from a genuine old fashioned analog print (I would most certainly vote yes), but a digitized slide film exposure still has that chrome characteristic that is unique and in may cases not repeatable with a digital camera.

Then you agree with me.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

First roll with M7 and try with scanner.

M7 with 90mm Summicron on Tri-X developed in HC 110 dil.B and scanned on Epson V500.

Edited by Sailronin
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifSeattle downtown man-1.jpg

First roll with M7 and try with scanner.

M7 with 90mm Summicron on Tri-X developed in HC 110 dil.B and scanned on Epson V500.

Dave,  congratulations for your acquisition and welcome to film's club :)

Nice b&w picture with TX developped by yourself .

Thanks to also post in "film thread"

Cheers

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1