Unique new public darkroom in Denver

Ai_Print

Advertisement (gone after registration)

While in Denver yesterday, I stopped by to meet the nice couple who run a pretty amazing new creative workspace in the 5 points area. Chris and Viviane have long been artists themselves but like many of us in middle age, are finding mentoring and outreach to be ever more important in furthering the collaboration and sustainment of art forms such as historical (Alt) process and silver gel printing while the personal contact personally fulfilling. 

So in March they opened a new facility called “Processus” with a unique platform for using the facility. While not an hourly rate arrangement, the shop is geared more towards those who would either be regulars or artists visiting the area for a few weeks or more who would more than benefit from having a place like “Processus” in which to work. The membership applies to not just the darkroom but the whole facility which is much more than just film and printing. 

Also, at my urging, they put a listing on the Ilford page called “Localdarkroom” yesterday. I really hope this works out for them, they are super nice and very passionate artists who just want like minded individuals to have a place to call home.

If you live in or near or are just visiting the Denver area, come check it out, they would be glad to offer you a coffee or tea and show you around the place.

• Like 2