Yellow bothers

Hunebed

Advertisement (gone after registration)

with the flowers of a Scotch broom in my garden (T+18-56). C&C is very welcome!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

JPG out of the camera - this yellow comes closest to natural, but is clearly overdone

The best I could get out of RAW

Nice and sharp but the yellow is very off (RAW)

This comes closer (RAW). The more i work on it the more detail disappeares

:angry:

• Like 3

lovely series. My favourite is no 3. The yellow is very dominant and it is interesting to study your juxtapopsition of the first 2 picture. No 2 is certainly tghe winner. All results are samples of the great IQ of the T

• Like 1

Nice. Hunebed, unfortunately with digital you have to deal with camera, software and monitor. You should take a series of pictures, better if in your garden or anyways of things you have there, portraiting various colours, ex. red, blue, green, yellow you already have, and so on.

Then work each pictures trying to create a profile for each picture the closest to the real colour. Having what you have portraited there, you just need to compare it to the image on your monitor. In this way you will have different profiles ready to adjust the pictures you will take.

Obviously, the print aspect will be completely different. So if you usually print your pics, you should do the same.

• Like 1

Iduna, i prefer nr 2 as well. Nr 3 is to plasticy for my liking. And yes, i am starting to appreciatie the T more and more.

Ileo, i understand what you are saying, although i have no idea how to acomplish that. But I will surely follow your advice and find outnhow to make profiles, no matter how long that takes.

• Like 1

Paul, thank you. Missed your nice comments!

Ileo, the latest versions of RAW therapy or PS elements. I also installed LR from my leica account but the program locked up after working on a couple of pictures and i cannot get it to work again (64 bits). 

Edited by Hunebed

Sorry for the delay but I always forget where are the threads I wrote something in :rolleyes:

RT, great. I also use that. Before it I tried Darktable but RT is much better in quality.

Ok, when you do an elaboration, for example Levels, or white balance, or contrast, and so on, you click on the button for profile saving, green arrow below:

Schermata_del_2015_05_31_14_01_08.png

It's better you call it something like "red-screen-profile" or "blue-screen-profile" and so on. This because if you're going to print your file, the colours will surely appear different than on your screen. So in this case you will have to do other tries and call the profile "red-print-profile", "blue-print-profile" etc. etc.

Edited by lleo
  • Like 1

Yes, i found that, thank you. Now i have to get the right profile and see if i have to work more on white balance or improve my exposure. Tried some other yellow flowers, Which gave no problems. The flowers of the broom are destroyed by heavy rain...