Missing : M6 TTL 0.85 #2480991

Guest l34tz

Guest l34tz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I sold my beloved M6 TTL 0.85 via Classifieds a few weeks ago. It was shipped from Zurich, Switzerland on 7th of May to San Francisco and never turned up there. Swiss Postal Tracking has no entries after departure from Zurich (this being almost 2 weeks ago). An official inquiry has already been issued.

Black M6 TTL 0.85

- Serial No. 2480991

- Just slight wear

- Original packaging incl. accessories

I'd be very pleased if you could keep your eyes open. I will keep you updated in case the parcel turns up.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I hope it turns out OK, but US Customs can be especially slow if the mood takes them, goods disappearing for weeks until they eventually get delivered. I assume USPS will have taken over the delivery from Swiss Post and this can also add delays and tracking blackouts. FWIW DHL or another courier are infinitely faster and more reliable than 'domestic' postal services. 

Steve

Guest l34tz

The buyer is one of the nicest persons I could imagine. I am sure we'll have a beer sooner or later. If the M6 is really lost he will be refunded in full, of course. The parcel is insured up to CHF 1000.

Steve: DHL Germany insures up to 500 Euro only (way too less). DHL Switzerland charges more than CHF 250 for shipping to the US (whereas Swiss Postal Service is CHF 50 and has never failed in the past).

• Like 1

Yes I know DHL is very expensive, but they can usually deliver next day in the USA from Europe as their standard service, so the parcel is in the handling system (and less likely to get lost) for the minimum amount of time. Have you tried putting your tracking number into the USPS tracking system?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest l34tz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After being disappeared for more than three weeks, the camera was delivered yesterday. Both the buyer and I am very glad that it wasn't stolen. Thank you very much for your support.

• Like 5