Interesting new strap maker

baci

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently bought an M5 and that necessitated the purchase of a new strap. The M5 has lugs along one side of the camera body and so I spent a lot of time going back over the usual suppliers looking for a strap that would suit. I had used Luigi (Leicatime) for my M9, but wanted something different for the new body. Alas, the 'usual suspects' came up a little short, with all of them having the ring connectors that were unsuitable for the rectangular lugs of the M5.  

I had pretty much given up when I stumbled upon Dead Cameras (www.deadcameras.com). Lovely, lovely straps with an attractive clean design. While their straps were designed for the conventional ring attachment I contacted them to enquire about having an M5 variant made. The service I got was really great. Nothing too much trouble (I wanted the strap to be a bit longer than standard, as well) and really great communication. Upshot - my strap is in the mail, and I'll post images to the M5 forum when it arrives. In the meantime I think these straps are a great alternative to the usual crowd and worth looking at. 

Disclaimer - I have no relationship whatsoever with these guys other than as a customer who is impressed by the product and delighted at the standard of service!!

• Like 5

Purchased a black neck and wrist strap for my black T. Used the original OEM strap fixings and discarded the rubber strapping for leather.

Just about fits the fixing and the wrist strap has more room and a good deal comfier than the rubber.

Good stuff, prompt service would recommend as well.

Mine arrived yesterday too (I bought 2) and they are very nice..... goes very well with my Arte di Mano black case for the matte M246 finish (which appeared today) ...... the round rather than flat neck section is very comfortable in use and much easier to wrap around your hand if you want to use as an improvised wrist loop.

The little red dots on the camera fixtures are a lovely touch .....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I rec'd two of these as well.

Fantastic quality, great price, and six days from order to my mailbox here in the western US.

Seem to be pretty comfortable now, should be even better after a litlle break-in period.

Highly recommended.

www.deadcameras.com

• 5 months later...

I know some people think there are too many posts here regarding straps, cases and bags - but if you can't treat your loved ones at Xmas..     I'd like to say how impressed I am with the 'slim strap': high quality of materials and workmanship/workwomanship - I even got a spare leather 'washer' (I'm pleased to say these are not required) and a red dot. Service was great as was the packaging. Keen price too. Despite this rave review I can confirm I have no connection with Deadcameras!

All the best for 2016!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have just ordered one as a late Christmas present to myself fro my black Leica M-P 240

I have an Arte Di Mano half case in black with black stitching which I think is absolutely stunning, fits perfectly and is very discrete... you almost can't see the case the fit and finish is so good. However, I have never really been happy with any of the straps I have bought. They are either too short, too uncomfortable or just plain poorly made. I even asked a local leather worker to add a longer strap to my Arte Di Mano strap, but the leather he used for the strap itself was too thin and it feels horrible, despite being one of the best leathers you can buy.

So, finally, I decided to try again. This will be my last attempt, hopefully this will finally be the strap I am comfortable with!

For a long time I was sure I would prefer the black dots rather than the red you see in most of the pictures as they seem more discreet... but in the end, I was brave and went for red...!

The strap I ordered was this one... in 125cm length. I will let you know what I think when it arrives. I hope I like it, I am unbelievably fussy about accessories - more often than not they simply get in the way...!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my new strap arrived today and... its superb!

Very happy. It looks good, it feels good and at 125cm it is very comfortable to wear, either over one shoulder or diagonally across a shoulder and chest under a jacket. So the camera feels safe and secure but very accessible. 

This is the strap I should have bought in the first place. It matches my black custom Arte Di Mano case perfectly and looks beautifully made and very discrete.

The leather is well finished, thick and strong without being heavy and the shoulder pad is soft and extremely comfortable. Exactly what I wanted. There are two leather washers and a spare 'red dot' in the packaging.

Exceptional product and exceptional value. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a high quality Leica strap for their M.

What made this an even more enjoyable experience was Ricardo's exceptional communication. Honestly, it really couldn't have been a better experience all round.

No wonder everyone else on here who has bought one of these straps is so happy with it. Highly recommended. 

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ordered a custom Allfit strap from them yesterday and what a refreshingly pleasant experience it was.  They have a very good website and Ricardo couldn't have been more helpful, the whole process was swift and painless even though I had a couple of specific requirements to clarify before ordering (as I type I've just had an item in transit message from them :).  First class.

(Nb, the usual disclaimer....I have absolutely no business or other relationship with them whatsoever, other than as a, so far, very satisfied customer.)

A quick update.  My custom Allfit strap arrived today, six days (including a weekend) from order to delivery, Portugal to the UK, very good service indeed.  The strap is exactly as specified and the quality is excellent, it came in a nice drawstring pouch together with two split-rings plus leather washers (for alternative use) and a spare red dot and spare webbing buckle.  

It's just what I'd hoped for and I'm very pleased, so that's another 'Highly Recommended' for Deadcamera Straps from me..

Edited by stevelap

• 6 months later...

Finally got round to ordering a Deadcameras Slim Strap for my MP, it arrived today.   Very pleased with it, top quality stuff and a pleasant company to deal with.

More images and thoughts about it on my website here