How do I go about sending my Noctilux to Leica

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I screwed up the filter thread on my Noctilux so want to send it to Leica for repair......how should I go about doing that from Malaysia?

On the main Leica AG website there is a section for support.  There are forms for repair and for import of your equipment.  Begin by filling out the forms and contact Customer Service by e-mail to learn about shipping options.  Once they have received the lens you will be contacted with an estimate for repair.

UPS, Fedex. Just make sure you mark it "for repair" to avoid problems with customs, these international shipping firms shoud know how to handle regulations. Alternatively you could ask Leica to arrange an UPS pickup. I know they will do that in certain areas, but I do not know whether they will do so for your country.

Customer Service appears to be rather slow these days so be prepared for a bit of a wait.

Btw. I'm sure your company is sending all kinds of gear all over the Globe all the time. Can't you piggyback on that system?

Customer Service appears to be rather slow these days so be prepared for a bit of a wait.

You might get the option of paying a €110 plus tax supplement for a 5 day turnaround. I did and it works. Unfortunately you will not get this option if it is a warranty/complimentary (free) repair.

Edited by pedaes

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Customer Service appears to be rather slow these days so be prepared for a bit of a wait

jaaap when you say a bit of a wait do you think one month will be enough. I am going good to send the lens and monochrome back at the same time and get the filter thread fixed and the rangefinder with Noctilux real calibrated

jaaap when you say a bit of a wait do you think one month will be enough. I am going good to send the lens and monochrome back at the same time and get the filter thread fixed and the rangefinder with Noctilux real calibrated

If you want something like that I would contact Andrea by telephone first. It might be needed to book a slot and pay express service. But make sure the spare part for the Noctilux is available, as the thing is made in infrequent batches.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Only way to 'repair' the filter threads on this lens for Leica is to replace the whole front housing of the foremost three/four lens elements... Ouch...

And then adjust and calibrate to get it up to specifications...

Will be interesting to hear the repair costs for this job.

if that's the case I will let the rig welder have a go first
  • Like 1

Neil, Did you drop the lens or hit it on something to damage the threads. they are so close to the front element, I am surprised it did not hurt this as well. Sorry for your plight, time for the APO 50 Summicron.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Neil, Did you drop the lens or hit it on something to damage the threads. they are so close to the front element, I am surprised it did not hurt this as well. Sorry for your plight, time for the APO 50 Summicron.

Bill

Sorry for the late reply been away for a few days. No I haven't dropped it and on Saturday I took it to the Leica Dealer in KL and he screwed a Leica filter straight onto the lens without a problem which now makes me thing the problem is the B+W Filters