Using M9 for photoshoot?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't see in the OP where flash is prohibited. To me, a former wedding photographer, this is a flash f5.6 or f8 scenario. The photos will look like the other photo albums at home, be properly exposed (do test shots to be sure if you are rusty), and the added DOF will mean that photos with more than one person (all or almost all) will have more than one person (let alone just one eye) in focus. 

You know it makes sense ;-)

Edited by gobeatty

I agree - think twice about accepting a job you're uncertain of being able to deliver high quality results, especially if its for people you know.

I frequently get asked to be 'the photographer' for major family & friends events, including weddings. I always receive complements about both the images I capture (the advantage of knowing the subjects well) and the quality of the photographs.

However, as an amateur photographer I make it absolutely clear that if it is an important event where they must have photos I will not accept the responsibility of guaranteeing that they get the photographs they want or think they may want, that I'd like to enjoy myself without the stress and responsibility, and that they should have a professional photographer who has ultimate responsibility for delivering the goods.  

Nevertheless, I always bring my camera, usually shoot Monochrom or film B&W (no flash), relax and have a good time.

Mine still always seem to be the best and most popular of the event's photographs (he says modestly :rolleyes:) . 

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

So I just wanted to let you guys know that I did take the job. Used the M9/35 'cron combination for the whole thing, and was able to stay away from using flash. There was a lot more light than I was originally told, and I used ISO as high as 1600, but a little post-processing in Lightroom gave me great results. The client loved the photos!

Thanks for all your input, it's good to see that some people want to and know how to constructively help! :)

• Like 1