Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings from Hong Kong.

Posted this same sequence of photos in my FB page, here missing the 10th one as I'm trying to stay within the rules of this forum regarding max size per post. 

What got my attention in FB was that the two (#1 and #5) containing a human subject got some "likes" and comments in FB. Though the compositions were not identical, I figure they are similar enough.  

Question: why do you think #5 got more "likes" than #1? Did by quite a margin ... (I think of myself as a keen observer of human nature, trying to learn/understand what could've motivated these civilians to show this discrepancy.) I thought that you, non-civilians "c-hings", could shed some light :rolleyes:  Thx for engaging. 

I also posted the sequence of 10 in my Flickr page, where I didn't have to re-size the photos... https://www.flickr.com/gp/victor_jochiong/o6WNq5 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jochiongv
  • Like 1

In #1, I like the portrait of the woman better than in #5.  The background is also cleaner with many less distractions competing for attention.  I actually like #1 better than #5 myself.

The only reason I can think of that more people liked #5 better is that the dog is "smiling."  In #1, he is just hanging out and seems sort of disinterested.  In #5, he is playing to the camera.  This makes me wonder if the people who liked #5 better on FB are dog lovers; my guess would be yes.

I am a dog lover too, but #1 is a better image in several ways IMHO.

Pleasant photographs, nothing really to object against tecnically and well taken, but I think the series as a whole is more suitable for the family album.

In #1 and #5 there is some interaction visible, thus more likes, I guess.

Btw. My dogs are certainly not allowed into my pool ;)