MM Typ 246 prices - in Europe

profus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As mentioned in other thread Leica wanted €4200 to replace MM with MM246

/Magnus 

Hi,

That is the price several people I know where told by Leica in Paris.

So, as far as it goes (we'll see how it moves), for french owners of a MM, it's 3480€ asked  B)

Edited by MOZ

So you guys don't have to pay any import tax plus VAT when entering your homeland border with goods you bought abroad?

Cool.

In Europe this would be illegal although a lot of people get away with it by simply not declaring their stuff at customs.

Yes, one must declare and if over $1k then it attracts a duty of 10% on the remaining amount. Need invoice for proof. Frankly I don't see buying in Europe since any warranty work is NOT covered by Leica NJ and for lenses the 3 year Passport Warranty used to exceed the European warranty by one year and it even covers for accidental drops.  

Edited by algrove

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You wouldn't think a company would give exact the same price (or even more) for a used camera as if it were sold on the private market?

On a second thought - actually I would expect it...Why not? 500 € more than "normal" market price could "help" owners of CCD Monochrom to decide to

change to M246 ( as I see a significant number of those people are not really crazy about letting their MM go just to get Typ 246 )...

Profus, €500 more than market price means they will have a bunch of old Monochroms they will have to put up for sale again. That will cost them money in many different ways.

Also, what's a significant number?

It doesn't seem to be a big problem to sell original MM's...so that would be a 500 € special rebate for a faithful customers...

To put it other way around - why would you accept 3000 € offer from Leica if you easily can sell for +4000€  and then by MM 246??

I cannot put a number on "significant" - but I've read many topics from many MM owners, that doesn't seem to be willing to let go their CCD cam...

Edited by profus