Cant upgrade to Lightroom CC

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Guys

I just arrived home and when I went to open Lightroom I had a message saying there are updates so as normal I clicked on the update button and it took me to Lightroom CC upgrade page. When I added my email address it then asked for the lightroom serial number but I don't have a serial number as it was given free with my Leica MM.......how do I upgrade as Adobe says I have no software registered with them?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I'm not at the moment in front of the Mac but if you open your LR, you should have in the menu something like "about" that tells your serial number.

However I did it, and Adobe says that I'm not eligible for an upgrade (I purchased and registered my new M-E exactly 1 year ago). So the only solution for me is to pay a monthly/year fees if I want LR CC.... But I will not do that, I'm happy enough with LR 5.7

You should have received an email from software-support@leica-camera.com when you registered your new Leica and claimed the activation of your LR license, in the email you have your license number, i.e. your s/n.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

You should have received an email from software-support@leica-camera.com when you registered your new Leica and claimed the activation of your LR license, in the email you have your license number, i.e. your s/n.

Found the email and put in the set number and it still says no eligible for the promotion so will just stick with what I got

• Like 1

this refers to the upgrade to LR6

they try to get you to upgrade to CC which is a monthly subscription service...... but it is an economic way of getting photoshop if you use it .....

you can upgrade to 6 with a one off £50 or so ....... but it is very well hidden on the website ..... there was a thread about this a month or so ago....