I found this camera,can anyone tell me something about it?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently found this camera in Germany,I don't know much about it,so I would like to hear from someone who do knows something.

On the lower part of the lens is also a eagle marking with a M,just as on the back.

I would like to upload more pictures but 3 seems to be the max.

With kind regards from Holland,

Gerard.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by gwzglasinlood

Doesn't look like a fake to me. The serial number relates to a 1941 lllc, and it certainly looks like a regular lllc.

The engravings are meant to signify that the camera was used by the German navy, they may well be fake in an attempt to boost the value of a standard lllc, but I'm not an expert on such engravings, I'm sure others will chime in. They look well done however. 

If you remove the lens, does the camera have red or black shutter curtains?

IIIc from 1941, no russian fake but origin Leica, later sychronized.

Posting more pics is possible if Your start separate posts for each.

Show us some details of the engraving, I think this is a genuine one.

Even if don't like that Nazibu...it, but that's of a matter of taste and historic interest.

Thomas

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the reactions,I will put some more pictures.

Just one remark to the person who stated that he was not sure he would like to know people who collecting this kind of stuff,

one little remark.

First I don't collect this,but even if so, that won't make me a nazi,pre justice is the start of all mishap and misery among people,talk like that makes me think some people still don't get that

I did not removed the swatsika's because I like them so much,but not to offend people,I am just interested to know something about this camera because I have doubt's.

I want to thank you all for your answers and reply's.

With kind regards,

Gerard.

(Attachment removed)

Edited by pop
Pictures of NS insignia violate German law.

Doesn't look like a fake to me. The serial number relates to a 1941 lllc, and it certainly looks like a regular lllc.

The engravings are meant to signify that the camera was used by the German navy, they may well be fake in an attempt to boost the value of a standard lllc, but I'm not an expert on such engravings, I'm sure others will chime in. They look well done however. 

If you remove the lens, does the camera have red or black shutter curtains?

Hello thanks for your answer,they are black.

With kind regards,

Gerard.

This kind of items are well published, I confirm: this is a forgery.

Wrong both, the eagle and  the font used for the engravings. I guess that would be interesting to see the delivery.

cheers.

Please refer to the forum rules:

Photos which cannot be accepted for moral, ethical or religious reasons will be deleted immediately without prior notice and comment.

This especially applies to pictures showing NS-Symbols (Nazi-Symbols like Swastika, SS runes and so forth) which are not allowed to be published according to German law.

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the reactions,I will put some more pictures.

Just one remark to the person who stated that he was not sure he would like to know people who collecting this kind of stuff,

one little remark.

First I don't collect this,but even if so, that won't make me a nazi,pre justice is the start of all mishap and misery among people,talk like that makes me think some people still don't get that

I did not removed the swatsika's because I like them so much,but not to offend people,I am just interested to know something about this camera because I have doubt's.

I want to thank you all for your answers and reply's.

With kind regards,

Gerard.

(Attachment removed)

I thought that if the Swastika's are removed like this there is not a problem?

If so, please remove it a.s.p. and my excuses off course,by no means I want to offend anybody.

This kind of items are well published, I confirm: this is a forgery.

Wrong both, the eagle and  the font used for the engravings. I guess that would be interesting to see the delivery.

cheers.

The engraved “MF 658“ seems from a modern postwar Font.

This example shows the typical Leica DIN 1451 Font from 1936.

Sharif

• Like 3

I hope you didn't pay much for that, Gerard. Though ruining a piece of art like that with the engravings... it's not for die Adler nor the Swastika, but it's like to add something on an ancient Giotto's painting or Michelangelo's statue.

Yes, too much. But it's not only about the nazi stuff. Unfortunately the collectors are a pain in the butt for anybody wanting to have a certain camera, a car, a motorcycle, a musical instrument, and so on. For use it.

And the firmas know it well, so they produce more and more "limited edition" even when there's no anniversary to celebrate.

The fact is until there are people willing to buy these kind of stuff, prices will ever be soaring.

I can understand a painting: its goal is to get hang on the wall and stared at. But a camera is made for taking photos, as well as an instrument is made for playing.

Edited by lleo