Lens hood 19mm V1

sfage

No idea... I thought you could only use the standard Leica one on the 19mm.

Is there an aftermarket one?

Lovely lens. Used properly than can be truly magic. I had one years ago but sold it when someone expressed a keen interest.

I've been using a Canon 14mm in its place. The Canon is fine but you have to be careful using it otherwise it has loads of distortion.

Edited by sc_rufctr

I found that out the hard way, after sourcing a hood separately.  I ended up using mine with a thin B+H filter permanently attached.  If you go that route, be sure to test the filter on the lens before buying, as the front element will protrude into contact with some filters.  Inserting a tiny square of paper between lens and filter will tell you safely whether there's clearance or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have  an older   Elmarit  19   with  hood  12529 . I   have  never   noticed  any signs  of   vignetting  . It   came   with the  lens  which  I  bought  second  hand  about  12  years  ago  .  I have used  it  inside  and  out   in  a  variety  of lighting  conditions . 

The  sensor  measures  24mm x  36mm   and  comes  on  a long roll .  Each picture  has  a new  sensor ,  good  stuff  .

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!