Vienna 20/21 June?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Vienna is quite nice once it is getting warmer. On that weekend the ViennaPhotobookFestival takes place which was great in the past 2 years. Apart from the famous sights you have the rather hip 7. district with Westbahnstrasse where you can fill up on GAS - there are 5 photo retailers in that street alone. If you are not into street photography there are numerous parks and the famous Wienerwald, a very large forest surrounding parts of Vienna.

Anyone interested in meeting?

Hi, Wolfgang, I hope we might see you in Vienna in October then!

The Leica One Challenge is run by the forum and is part social gathering in a new city each year and part photography competition.  The rules of the One Challenge are quite simple: on the Saturday of the Challenge you have two hours (it used to be one hour) using one camera and one lens at one ISO speed to take up to one roll of (up to 36 frame) film or up to 36 digital pictures from which you can choose one picture to later submit for 'blind' judging by the forum members.  Everyone has to state the camera, lens, and ISO speed they're using before everybody starting, usually at around one o'clock after a lunch gathering.  I've been participating for the past 6 years, it's a very pleasant weekend, and we usually get between 30 and 40 people taking the Challenge and attending the dinner on the Saturday evening and usually there's a less-formal Night Challenge after dinner when we all have a pint or two inside us.

The details of this year's Challenge in Vienna are at the link in my first post.  You would be very welcome to join us and I hope you do. :)

Best regards,

Pete.

• Like 2

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the information. I can certainly wait as I live there already ;-)

I tried to find out what the Leica One Challenge is but could not. Will try again later. 

Best regards

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm sure we would welcome any recommendations you could make for 1) a coffee shop or bar where we can all meet up on the Saturday lunchtime for drinks/snacks, and 2) a nice moderately priced restaurant for the evening meal? 

Places with a local flavour preferred if possible! 

There will be somewhere around 30 of us descending on your city in October! Hope to meet you then. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I usually call for dinner numbers around August / beginning of September. Meals for lots of people take a lot of organising, and local help is invaluable.

But as has been said, it's now usually around 30 people for dinner.

@Pete, thank you for the background and the invitation - I look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully there will be less rain than last time we met! ...

Yes I hope so too although I really enjoyed the day in Fleet Street and the Strand despite the rain.  Several months ago I joined a group of photographers to do a tour of the churches in the City of London, which I recall you were interested in doing when you came over.  It was held on a Friday and it was a very good day. We visited nearly 20 churches and most of them allowed us inside to take photographs and the organiser had researched the churches and was able to tell us the history and some stories about each one.  I thought at the time that you would very much have enjoyed it too.

Pete.

• 7 months later...