June Consumer Reports

This issue rates point-and-shoot cameras: the Leica V-Lux (114) is ranked #3 and the D-Lux (109) is ranked #5. This is from 126 cameras tested in their labs.See pages 49-50.

What were the top two cameras??

#1 is the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II with a score of 78, and #2 is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 with a score of 77. They gave the V-Lux a score of 76 and the D-Lus a 73. All in the Advanced category where scores ranged from 78 to 71 for the listed top 10. Scores were all lower for the top 10 in the Compact and Superzoom categories.

The article was only 2-pages long without much detail...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If the G1X ii is top of the house it pretty much undermines the whole report. If there was a misdesigned camera its that one.

No idea what their criteria is ?

Consumer Reports has strange criteria for ratings.   Going back decades,  they never rated Leica well.

Since they can not things that I know about straight,  I can not trust them when I need help.

I agree that their ratings are often on the strange side. I was just surprised to see Leica products in the top 10 since they are normally not listed at all.

FYI, I recently acquired the new V-Lux and am generally pleased with the results.

• 2 weeks later...